[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

For those of you who experienced resets as described above, were you playing single player, multiplayer, or playing on a server. As far as I recall, every occurrence of this has been on single player, but I want to be sure before trying to track this down.

As a precaution, please backup your save directory before updating the game via the launcher and playing.

Mine was single player.

Do you want the video link I could PM you if wanted

Mine was single player.

Do you want the video link I could PM you if wanted

No need. I believe you. So far there has not been a single report of save games resetting when playing on servers. Only when the savegame loads/saves on a PC. The server does the save/load, so that seems to be the key variable in all this. We are looking into a fix, but no promises that it will be fixed until A16.

Until then, if you can play on a dedicated server (FYI: you can do this on your own PC, install the dedicated server version as well as the client version and just connect to your own PC server) then you will workaround this issue.

Picking up items with a crowbar and trying to place them: You are holding a bag, not the item, so placement is hit or miss with regard to orientation. Also, the items you pick up with a crowbar are buggy with regard to using as tools. To test this out, just place a few forges and anvils and pick them up with a crowbar. Place the forge you picked up down and try to put the anvil you picked up as a tool in the forge. It won't accept it (I don't have the iron yet to test which one is the buggy one - forge or anvil, but I suspect the anvil). I am wondering if you the item you are giving us from the crowbar is somehow different?

Edit: I don't know enough about how the game returns items, but in vanilla, the item returned is named exactly the same as the block id. It seems you guys added "work" prefix as a standard but it doesn't look like the items returned have "work" in them. Either way, if you know how to fix it can you post how if Spider doesn't think it's serious enough for a mod update? Blindly placing workstations is annoying but not game breaking. Not being able to use an anvil you made as a tool is an inconvenience since it just means I need to craft a new anvil.

As currently implemented, you can't pickup a anvil workstation then use it as a tool. This is working as intended, and is not a bug. I will admit the blind placement is an unfortunate side effect to this method, but as you said, its not game breaking so will probably wait until A16 for any possible change.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a recipe for Compound Bow? I can't find one but maybe I am missing it.

There is no recipe for that bow. Loot only.

No need. I believe you. So far there has not been a single report of save games resetting when playing on servers. Only when the savegame loads/saves on a PC. The server does the save/load, so that seems to be the key variable in all this. We are looking into a fix, but no promises that it will be fixed until A16.

Until then, if you can play on a dedicated server (FYI: you can do this on your own PC, install the dedicated server version as well as the client version and just connect to your own PC server) then you will workaround this issue.

Srry I should have mentioned that it wasn't that I didn't think you believed me. I was thinking that if needed you could see it happen. If that would be useful. No need to reply to this. It's there if you think it might help, Cheers!

Is it intended that the mathematics for burning wood times are the complete opposite of what they should be ?

Throwing a log on a fire should provide a far lengthier burn time than a pile of wood/sticks cut from said log, especially considering any and all materials that would be lost as sawdust when cutting it up.

I understand from a game perspective that perhaps the intention was to make room for the whole 'more work should provide more reward' thing, and if this is the case, then leave it be, but if it is supposed to be 'true survival' then it aint.

As you said, this was a design choice 'more work should provide more reward' and is not a bug. The design choices for A16 will be very different though, so stay tuned for more....

- - - Updated - - -

And just checked the large lift, Its... clientside, my friend goes up and i go down lol

(which explains how zombies were sneaking in my house)

Is this a bug report? I tested several large lifts and they all worked properly.

The POWER LINE MASTER still requires the unlocking of a large generator which is at level 75 which makes the all power lines uncraftable till then.

Sorry, thought Spider fixed that. The temporary fix is to move this line: <recipe name="cableTest" unlock_level="1" /> in the progression.xml file from its current location under the big generator to the crafted generator.

boop

I keep getting a constant error when I ran across my first trader. Console pops up with a bunch of red errors and I have to keep hitting escape and run out of the zone. Impossible to use the trader

Also one time I logged into my game and my character totally reset for no reason, any ideas why that happened ?

One more thing, does the mod launcher keep everything up to date or do I have to do further steps? Thanks, great mod so far. Hard as balls haha Almost had a heart attack one time looting when a crockagator fell from the roof ontop of me XD So scary

As you said, this was a design choice 'more work should provide more reward' and is not a bug. The design choices for A16 will be very different though, so stay tuned for more....

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a bug report? I tested several large lifts and they all worked properly.

On my dedicated server was have seen the Drawbridge get out of sync between players. Different players will see it in a different open/closed state than others.

I remember at one point the same bug was in vanilla in regards to doors, but I hadn't seen it in a while.

Nothing we can do about the game de syncing action blocks like doors, bridges and lifts. Its a problem in the base game. Usually re logging or restarting the server fixes it.

For the players that have lost a save is it a continuous problem or was it just that once? Can you play fine on a server with out problems? Have you started a new game and been fine?

For the players that have lost a save is it a continuous problem or was it just that once? Can you play fine on a server with out problems? Have you started a new game and been fine?

It was a one time off for me but I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again as it was rather distressing obviously haha Game is hard now, takes forever to build stuff up XD

Btw I've had a problem when finding my first trader. The console keeps popping up with red errors everywhere and I have to continually keep hitting escape to get out of the zone, then it stops. Makes trading impossible :o

One more question, does the mod launcher keep everything up to date or is there anything step I have to take ?

Nothing we can do about the game de syncing action blocks like doors, bridges and lifts. Its a problem in the base game. Usually re logging or restarting the server fixes it.

I have had it happen twice in one game [luckily I had an old save backup and only lost 4 or so days the first time, i backed up religiously after that, so the second time wasn't a huge problem]. The third time it happened was on a new fresh game, only about 2-3 days in, nothing happened out of the ordinary aside from what i wrote in my original post regarding it:

Basically, i logged into the game and saw that my char was in the correct place, but a campfire that was in front of me was missing. I instantly logged out and back in again, only this time the entire game had reset and i was back naked in a random start position ready to choose my profession... again... i had also lost my zombie kill count, and it was as if i had just restarted a completely fresh char.

Sorry, thought Spider fixed that. The temporary fix is to move this line: <recipe name="cableTest" unlock_level="1" /> in the progression.xml file from its current location under the big generator to the crafted generator.

Thanks for the workaround.

I think I'm going to add it to unlock with the metal workbench since generator + power lines are required to get the MWB working and you can find a generator.

After beginning this new game, I feel as though the progression in primitive crafting is too fast. I never grind up levels in my games, and would be horrified at the speed of levels if I actually did. I feel as though i have barely crafted anything, perhaps its XP from all the extra wood processing?? 'Wood Spike' is also giving large chunks of XP which probably adds to it.

This new game feels like it has lost much of that early game difficulty which is something I really enjoyed about TS. I thought it may be a different profession choice that has affected it, but the 'Ranger' class isn't anything particularly special in that regard.

So far it has just been the once.

Ill have to try a server.

so far so good in a new game and the remainder of my saved game.

Picking up items with a crowbar and trying to place them: You are holding a bag, not the item, so placement is hit or miss with regard to orientation. Also, the items you pick up with a crowbar are buggy with regard to using as tools. To test this out, just place a few forges and anvils and pick them up with a crowbar. Place the forge you picked up down and try to put the anvil you picked up as a tool in the forge. It won't accept it (I don't have the iron yet to test which one is the buggy one - forge or anvil, but I suspect the anvil). I am wondering if you the item you are giving us from the crowbar is somehow different?

Edit: I don't know enough about how the game returns items, but in vanilla, the item returned is named exactly the same as the block id. It seems you guys added "work" prefix as a standard but it doesn't look like the items returned have "work" in them. Either way, if you know how to fix it can you post how if Spider doesn't think it's serious enough for a mod update? Blindly placing workstations is annoying but not game breaking. Not being able to use an anvil you made as a tool is an inconvenience since it just means I need to craft a new anvil.

The Anvil workstation is a crafted item, u need an anvil that would go in the forge to craft the Big Anvil .

The Anvil workstation is a crafted item, u need an anvil that would go in the forge to craft the Big Anvil .

Right. I must craft 3 anvils to have full access to items. One as a tool for the forge, one as a tool for the armor table, and another as a workstation. These were all made and placed accordingly at my first work area.

I wanted to move work areas to a more secured location. I made the mistake of placing one of the anvils I used as a tool as the workstation (I should have known since it was not a bag like the forge was). This caused a problem because the anvil I picked up with a crowbar is now completely useless (cannot be used as a tool) and cannot even be scrapped for anything because, I guess by design, items that were workstations cannot later be tools (despite no difference at all besides it was placed once already). I can't pick up the one I just placed otherwise it will also be banned from being a tool. Seems like an odd design choice, but oh well. I just needed to make another new anvil to use as a tool for the armor table. Like I said, this is apparently by design. I will probably look into fixing it on my server as I can't see a logical reason for it.

Screwdriver DOES work on cars like a wrench, so does the Compact driver (power drill)

aswell as any other electronics, air conditioners etc.

Wrench - Journeyman crafting

Screwdriver - Engineering

Compact driver - Master crafting (good luck finding the parts tho)

Archived