Need guidance on zed tweaks

ZedBullfrog

I am considering tuning head damage down a bit. I get ALOT of heads exploding regardless of which weapon I am using.

It makes sense for the shotgun, but a crossbow bolt causing a head to explode is kinda weird.

Do any of you modders know if the head exploding bonus is tied to damage or just chance?

I am considering tuning head damage down a bit. I get ALOT of heads exploding regardless of which weapon I am using.

It makes sense for the shotgun, but a crossbow bolt causing a head to explode is kinda weird.

Do any of you modders know if the head exploding bonus is tied to damage or just chance?

What difficulty do you have the game set to?

Should be possible. I believe.

Add this to the arrows/bolts attributes:

<property name="DismembermentBaseChance" value="0,0"/>

That should make it impossible for them to cause dismemberment. I think. Never tried but I assume it does.

Bad thing about the headshot methodology is that now, because it's applied to the weapons, it also means animals, bandits and followers also all require headshots. And players, I imagine.

I'm not sure I like that.

I slowed the dogs running speed down because of it. I dropped the approach speed to 1.1.

As for animals, rabbit (and Im assuming chicken, by default) seem to have a rather large head hitbox. (so non issue)

The Stag and pig are tricker, but it makes the hunting that little bit more fun (IMO) to be sneakier for that headshot.(just positioning more than anything, didnt find it any harder than shooting them in the ass and chasing after them, or exploiting the distance range where you can shot and they dont move).

Im not using bandits yet, but wouldnt the changes also apply to the damage they apply to the player?

To balance it out on insane and high spawns, I altered the starting receipes of arrows to give 2 instead of 1. (only for bow)

Made a secondary moldy bread recipe that can be made with cornbread + water in campfire cooking pot. Gave a time of 10 minutes I think.

Wooden club and stone axe are next to useless as weapons. (even though they still do body damage)

Unless you have a barbed club, spiked club, machete, or at minimum a pistol... Houses and towns, very scary places.

And whatever you do, dont get caught in a room with a bloated walker or higher with just a bow.... You Dead.

The bandits I use have their own weapons and I didn't change those. I did find my play test brought me out to melee on horde night because headshots are harder than a machete chop... I'm gonna push the changes to the server, and give a pistol as a starting weapon. It's pretty intense.

The bandits I use have their own weapons and I didn't change those. I did find my play test brought me out to melee on horde night because headshots are harder than a machete chop... I'm gonna push the changes to the server, and give a pistol as a starting weapon. It's pretty intense.

yep, it certainly makes you defend instead of ignore.

Removed the ladder climbing as well as mentioned here.

I furthered it by taking away all trader protections so you can use their outposts as a temporary defences if you cant get setup properly on the first couple hordes... you must defend still as they will tear down the outpost if you dont.

Also 120 second sensed timer.

I altered the horde spawns and game stages as well.

0 - 100 is 8 maxalive.

100- 200 is 12

200 - 300 is 25.

and so on

until 1000 which is 100 max from that point on. ( I dropped to a min of 24fps in my local testing, no idea if the server will buckle yet with 100.)

Ive mixed in biff and your evil crawler into horde nights. The spider zoms still run at you even with running disabled. Shes faster than the dogs!

She's a beast. I have o ♥♥♥♥ moments every time I see her. I rarely survive the encounter.

I did successfully use a survivor as fodder today... In my game, zombies are set to not run, but I have duplicates of each zombie, a running variant, so you never know if they are runners or not until it's too late.

I had 5 or so on me, saw a survivor, bee lined to him and let them tear off from me to him. Worked great.

Melee becomes even better when you start playing with the below to remove the super reach -

file: items.xml

change the following properties for the handMaster item to:

Lines 940 and 942.

<property name="Range" value="1.50" /> <!-- 1.65 This not what "clientside melee combat" means. =) This is the adjustment afterwards due to code changes. -->
<property name="Block_range" value="1.5" />

Probably needs more tweaking. Guppy's Biff was the reason I went looking. That monster seemed to have like a 5 metre reach I couldnt avoid at all.

I'll have to test later.

I may leave it. I only have him spawn in the wasteland and horde groups.

Given his damage and approach speed, I might just leave him be so he can continue to run people out of the wasteland. That head bob makes it tricker to hit consistantly.

I did alter the AI task's so he goes for doors as well. There is no such thing as a safe space. HA.

Probably more to it than just that.

I have no idea what the value for Range actually means given the comment.

Block_range Im going to assume is what it says it is.

I think with those settings the sphere probably isnt big enough, which is why they seem to semi hit themselves with it.

Most likely why they have super reach (to avoid that). Well, thats my assumption (with the info I have). I havent played with it further.

Who knows, another .1 might stop them hitting themselves.

Oh, I'll SO have to kill that super reach. If it's this easy to fix, I don't get why the pimp's haven't done it, or added it to the new a15.1.

Maybe recommend it in the alpha thread?

The same super reach the players have? It just feels super due to them both being around 2 meters/blocks. Player will always have longer reach (2.0 - 2.5of the player vs 1.7 - 1.9 of the zombie if I remember correctly), but the zombies will always hit you if they start their "big hit" animation while you are in range, no matter how far you are when the hit happens...

Also lag doesn't affect the zombies at all. In SP it's ridiculously easy to avoid the big hits, but on a server with over 50 ping it's almost impossible.

Edit: The bad side in all this is, that the player doesn't have any benefits to range from lag...

• 2 years later...

hi guys i have problem that when i instal this mode

blood moon frequency is locked to options disabled/ 7 days instead of numerous options with vanilla a17.2

and blood moon range is locked to 14 days instead of numerous options with vanilla a17.2

Archived