Icon color tinting question

jbeagke14

I realize that you can apply a color tint to an item icon in the items xml. My question is, is there any way to do this with a white tint? I seem to be able to do every color under the sun, black, blue, yellow, green...but the moment I try to use the ol trusty ffffff for white I get nada. Just the original icon colorized they way it is. It's almost as if telling it to apply a white tint is just saying turn on full alpha transparency for the tint string and only show original. I've been trying to use the custom icon tint to add white to an already existing icon. I was wondering if anyone had any insight..I mean I could make a custom icon, but then I'd have to tell everyone playing on the server to dl it and it's such a hassle that way.

I realize that you can apply a color tint to an item icon in the items xml. My question is, is there any way to do this with a white tint? I seem to be able to do every color under the sun, black, blue, yellow, green...but the moment I try to use the ol trusty ffffff for white I get nada. Just the original icon colorized they way it is. It's almost as if telling it to apply a white tint is just saying turn on full alpha transparency for the tint string and only show original. I've been trying to use the custom icon tint to add white to an already existing icon. I was wondering if anyone had any insight..I mean I could make a custom icon, but then I'd have to tell everyone playing on the server to dl it and it's such a hassle that way.

I'm pretty sure the tint is applied as an overlay so the original color is being mixed with whatever you put on top of it.

I have no specific experience with this, but the way you describe it sounds like it's technically implemented as a shade, not a tint. If so, it's like a layer in Photoshop set to multiply: pure white will never have any effect.

Yes, this.

Archived