A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

the desert now is extremely empty - looks like the game is broken. May it lools OK if you can play with highest preferences for graphics but not with my comp.

The deserts are no longer supposed to have anything in them except for the patches of sub biome that you see, I will probably add back in more cacti to the deserts but they are supposed to look baren atm. Check the screen shot on the main page in the spoiler bottom picture.

Update (7/22/17)

+Biomes

-Reduced rock resource spawn chance in desert

-Slightly increased cacti spawn in desert

-Added drift wood at very low chance to main desert biome deco

+Rwgmixer

-Changed terrain generation, now all the flat land will be soft rolling hills that no longer impede on city generation

-Removed spawn chance for small towns and small rural areas since they are not neccessary, with all of my testing the terrain generation will automatically turn some cities into smaller ones simply due to terrain limitations

Note: This update will increase initial load times but it is far worth loading a new world for and being patient, the reason it takes so long to generate the hub cells is because the current state of the game does not properly dump memory when spawning prefabs, once the initial loading is done wait a minute for everything to load in fully then quit the game and reload and all memory issues are gone!

I have a fairly beefy computer so my load times remain fairly quick and I have no need to reload due to any memory issues and never get any frame drops even while flying through massive cities.

I will be recording a video of the new random gen simply because of how impressed I am with the new tweaks I have made, still all credit goes to Tin without his base code I would not have been able to create this!

Now that i think about it....with little to no base resources, like wood, stone, fibers, what reason do we have to go into the desert biome? We should come up with some sort of reward, be it a quest, big treasure reward, special poi....in the desert.

Good idea but i am trying to work on a new UI lol

Ive found 5 pistols, in less than 1 ingame day, zombie i just killed had 2 on her. And ive looted 3 wrenches. Seems the spawn chance might be a bit high, or i need play the lotto :)

2 hammers in 1 cabinet, that makes 7 total in no time

Is there a difference in the iron we get from scrapping from the player backpack, verses the iron we dig up under ground?

This green wood block doesnt give anything back as i hit it.

Ive found 5 pistols, in less than 1 ingame day, zombie i just killed had 2 on her. And ive looted 3 wrenches. Seems the spawn chance might be a bit high, or i need play the lotto :)

2 hammers in 1 cabinet, that makes 7 total in no time

Is there a difference in the iron we get from scrapping from the player backpack, verses the iron we dig up under ground?

Ok I will make some adjustments to loot chance, and as for scrapping, scrapping only gives 75% of the main resource of whatever you are scrapping, so I am not to sure what you mean about vs the iron you dig up under ground though. The iron you dig up is directly collected.

I need to know the block ID for that block I cant find it in the creative menu and Im not looking for it any longer :)

But I did notice that there are missing blocks for curved plate only the glass one exists and I can add all those in for all the materials, among a few other block shapes I can check out to see if they are available for the player to craft.

Im testing loot chances now so I should have an update for that soon.

The item you get back from scrapping metal in the player inventory, should technically be 1 unit or iron, the iron you dig when mining underground should be 5. This unit for example the underground raw iron ore when put into the forge to be smelted is 5 units. The iron you get from scrapping melts for 1. Thats in vanilla that is. Just tested, both give 5 units of iron when smelting in the forge.

In my mod units of anything are only for the forge and should never enter the player inventory, scrap iron is scrap iron weather you get it from mining or by scrapping iron things you will get scrap iron and scrap iron smelts for 5 units of iron in the forge.

Nothing that comes from your backpack should ever smelt for 1 unit of anything no matter the material, the min resource for any material you smelt will yield 5 units of material in the forge.

EDIT: And this is the exact reason why I removed fragments. I think scrap iron in vanilla were only worth one unit in the forge where as fragments were worth 5 and they are the exact same resource raw iron. Dumbest thing they put in the game.

In my mod units of anything are only for the forge and should never enter the player inventory, scrap iron is scrap iron weather you get it from mining or by scrapping iron things you will get scrap iron and scrap iron smelts for 5 units of iron in the forge.

Nothing that comes from your backpack should ever smelt for 1 unit of anything no matter the material, the min resource for any material you smelt will yield 5 units of material in the forge.

I suspect that you know this but...

TFP changed the weight of scrap iron from 5 to 1 at some point in A15. Obviously this has a huge effect on recipes containing scrap iron. :)

I suspect that you know this but...

TFP changed the weight of scrap iron from 5 to 1 at some point in A15. Obviously this has a huge effect on recipes containing scrap iron. :)

Yup that is why I removed fragments and replaced them with scrap iron everything is now back to the way it used to be before they added that crap. :)

Ok as long as you know it is the way it is right now lol, all is well. Will post if i detect and iron balance issue

Sounds good I just went through and made sure that TFP did not change any items weight values that were made of metal material and I know all my recipes that pertain to iron are fine now since I fixed the recipe cost for scrap iron in the forge to 5 units of iron instead of 1. So everything should be back to the way it was without any issues.

Update (7/22/17)

+Items

-Changed weight of flashlight to 10 from 5 since it costs 1 forged iron in the recipe and is made of metal the weight of forged iron is 10 thus balancing its scrapping cost with its recipe cost, normally irems that are crafted do not need to be given a weight because the recipe will auto calc its weight but I think the auto calc is also calculating the weights of the other ingredients not just the main ingredient so I may need to go through the entire items file and manually put weight values based off its main resource that it scraps into. Not today though.

+Recipes

-Added cobblestoneWedgeTipStairs

-Added cobblestoneWedgeStairs

-Added flagstoneWedgeStairs

-Added flagstoneWedgeTipStairs

-Added woodFrameWedgeStairs

-Added woodFrameWedgeTipStairs

-Added pouredConcreteWedgeTipStairs

-Added pouredConcreteWedgeStairs

-Added brickWedgeStairs

-Added brickWedgeTipStairs

Still more recipes to come tomorrow after I add some missing block shapes and materials mainly the curved glass window shape will have all the material paths for it.

+Loot

-Rebalanced cupboard and sink loot

-Added chance to find geometry set in cupboards

-A few other loot changes to try reduce guns showing up but this needs testing I cant do right now

What ways can we get clean?

You can get clean by going in water, after you enter water for more than 5 seconds you will start to bathe as you bathe it will slowly reduce your dirtiness, you can craft dry towels at the tailoring table and dunk them in water with mouse click to make it a wet towel or you can craft wet towel with dry towel and bottled water, you can use the wet towel and it will tun into a dry towel again and it reduces dirtiness a bit so depending on how dirty you are it may require a few wet towels, you can also craft wet cloth with a few cloth and bottled water and it will become wet cloth and can be used the same as wet towel but it will only return one of the cloth and it is only half as effective as wet towels so needs twice as many.

You can get clean by going in water, after you enter water for more than 5 seconds you will start to bathe as you bathe it will slowly reduce your dirtiness, you can craft dry towels at the tailoring table and dunk them in water with mouse click to make it a wet towel or you can craft wet towel with dry towel and bottled water, you can use the wet towel and it will tun into a dry towel again and it reduces dirtiness a bit so depending on how dirty you are it may require a few wet towels, you can also craft wet cloth with a few cloth and bottled water and it will become wet cloth and can be used the same as wet towel but it will only return one of the cloth and it is only half as effective as wet towels so needs twice as many.

THis is a unique concept, i like it, well thought out!

Update (7/23/17)

New UI added to Ui Version Pack!

You have to update the main mod item icons before switching to any new UI versions!

+ACPIcons/ItemIcons

-Added new icons for Minimalist Extreme UI

+Windows

-Added new Minimalist Extreme UI

This new Ui has no time no elevation no text period.

Clockwork%20Minimalist%20Extreme%20Preview.jpg?raw=true

Archived