A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

It would be cool to have the burning club from Valmod-Mod. It's really funny to play with.

Hmm i have not seen this yet, but basically isnt it effectively the same thing as whacking a zombie with a torch?

Also I would like to try not to copy other mods stuff and try to come up with original ideas if at all possible, not that you had a bad idea or anything.

Hmm i have not seen this yet, but basically isnt it effectively the same thing as whacking a zombie with a torch?

Also I would like to try not to copy other mods stuff and try to come up with original ideas if at all possible, not that you had a bad idea or anything.

It's a wooden club which you can ignite at a campfire with a rightclick. It's a bit more effective like a torch. Especially at the beginning of the game it's a great possibility to fight against groups.

- there is a difference between a chemical station I could collect with a wrench ie. in a pill-shop and the one you make by your self. Now I understand, why the receipt window in the first was empty.

- it's not possible to wear a gasmasks which you can make at the smiting table

- there are still many plants which vanishes if they are going to the last state - harvestable - wheat, blueberry, potatoe ie. so farming is almost impossible.

- day 20 in this game and never saw a bear

It's a wooden club which you can ignite at a campfire with a rightclick. It's a bit more effective like a torch. Especially at the beginning of the game it's a great possibility to fight against groups.

- there is a difference between a chemical station I could collect with a wrench ie. in a pill-shop and the one you make by your self. Now I understand, why the receipt window in the first was empty.

- it's not possible to wear a gasmasks which you can make at the smiting table

- there are still many plants which vanishes if they are going to the last state - harvestable - wheat, blueberry, potatoe ie. so farming is almost impossible.

- day 20 in this game and never saw a bear

I will look into the gas masks, never changed anything with them, just made a recipe for them and for farming idk what would be causing them to disappear, thought I fixed that already.

I can fix the Chem Station thing I did nto realize they implemented them into prefabs, I just used my old Omnigel Station with the new Chem station skin, easy enough to fix when I have time.

I dont think I changed anything with spawn chance for anything, the only thing I have changed with spawning is number of zombies to make them more, the bears not showing up would be the same as in vanilla.

Update (5/8/17)

+Blocks

-Fixed plants vanishing once reaching harvestable state (please confirm is now fixed, I ran the game for about 10 min and they did not disappear.)

-Removed upgrade path of dirt to fertile farmland causing dinging noise when clicking on crops with fertilizer

-Removed the Omnigel Station Block (AKA My Modified Chem Lab)

-Replaced old Omnigel Station with original Chemistry Station

+Progression

-Changed unlock ID name for unlocking Chemistry station from old Omnigel Station

+Recipes

-Changed all recipes to use the new Chemistry station instead of old Omnigel Station ID name

+Xui

-Removed Omnigel Workstation window group controller

-Added Omnigel Tools Window to Chemistry Station window group controller

Note: By removing my the omnigel station aka Chem Lab it may disappear upon updating since that block ID no longer exists. The chem lab still exists you will jsut need to rebuild it.

Also confirmed bears do spawn I have seen them in testing (still vanilla spawn chance)

Ok, I can confirm bears also, the first I saw just killed me :)

Is there a change in healing system? Sometimes I get healing if food is over 75% sometimes not.

Muhaha that is because you have an infection but it has not set in enough yet for you to notice it, unless you are really observant as you have noticed the full buff not activating and you will have some stamina regen loss but barely noticeable and after 6 in game hours you should have a minor infection buff and will have to take some form of antibiotic. :)

Update (5/9/17)

+Blocks

-Changed garbage bags will now return scrap plastics without a disassemble tool at a 25 % chance

+Items

-Increased economic value of bloodbags

-Added stainless steel plate to allowable upgrade items for all upgrade tools

+Recipes

-Added recipe for crafting Stainless Steel Plates at the workbench (requires 1 steel polish and 8 forged steel)

-Added recipe for crafting Steel Polish at the Chemistry Station (requries 1 scrap plastics and 1 omnigel)

+Loot

-Added steel polish to cupboard lootgroup

-Added steel polish to working stiffs crates

Update (5/9/17)

+Items

-Changed several items to now use plastic material to be scrapped into scrap plastic (Flashlight, all goggles, all glasses, Nail gun, Gas can, Remote, Minibike wheels, Pistol grips, hazmat suits, Shopping basket, steel polish)

+Blocks

-Plastic cooler now gives more scrap plastic when disassembled and destroyed

Muhaha that is because you have an infection but it has not set in enough yet for you to notice it, unless you are really observant as you have noticed the full buff not activating and you will have some stamina regen loss but barely noticeable and after 6 in game hours you should have a minor infection buff and will have to take some form of antibiotic. :)

Yes, this is exactly what I recognized.

You do not understand. Quest read, but not yet finished. It can be read again. This is a bug.

Ok then you will have to submit that on the bug thread forum since it is a core game issue with some of the quest coding, hopefully it can get looked into, since A16 is around the corner and things are looking great for the game's future this comes with some very big changes so this sort of thing is probably best to wait and see if its fixed in A 16 and go from there. :)

A little disbalanced

Update (5/9/17)

+Blocks

-Changed material of Iron Bars to now have 1000 HP

Hii!! I think that this is a little disbalance, i say that in relation to the item build cost, "4 short iron pipes and 4 forged iron". This is a big amount of material for that resistance. Look at the block "Scrap Iron Grape", it cost 10 of iron, and it have 1000hp too... besides, it can be upgraded with 10 forged iron and gets 4000hp... That's where i think the disbalance is, or making the iron bar recipe cheaper o downgrading the scrap iron grape hp :)

Does the download link for the stable version in the first post lead to the current version? You're writing about changed prefabs and rwgmixer, but there's no prefab folder in this download, and the rwgmixer is identical when compared to vanilla's (done with notepad++ compare - I only checked cause I also installed compo pack).

Is the loot amount rebalanced too, or should I turn it down as usual when I play with 25% on vanilla?

Same question for the difficulty since you recommend nomad, are the zombie damage/hp higher or the same?

Thank you, can't wait to try this out :)

Does the download link for the stable version in the first post lead to the current version? You're writing about changed prefabs and rwgmixer, but there's no prefab folder in this download, and the rwgmixer is identical when compared to vanilla's (done with notepad++ compare - I only checked cause I also installed compo pack).

Is the loot amount rebalanced too, or should I turn it down as usual when I play with 25% on vanilla?

Same question for the difficulty since you recommend nomad, are the zombie damage/hp higher or the same?

Thank you, can't wait to try this out :)

Yes the Download link is for the current version that I am working on, In my mod details on the main thread I used to have a modified rwgmixer and prefabs folder and in this current version I do not have any modified rwg mixer or prefab folder, I just have not got around to fully updating the thread page because of character limits.

The reason why I have all the files available for download instead of just the modified files is due to mac users having issues with copy replace function with files.

Loot amount is not changed from vanilla, so yes if you normally play with 25% loot then you should continue to do that with this mod.

Yes zombie damage is modified so that Vanilla Survivalist is now the new modded Nomad setting basically. Zombie HP is mostly unchaged from vanilla, the only thing that is affected by zombie difficulty is their damage they do to blocks and entities.

So if you normally play on survivalist in vanilla then you should play nomad in this mod.

You are welcome, and hope you enjoy the mod! :)

Update (5/11/17)

+Blocks

-Fixed Scrap Grate Sheet no longer upgrades into trussing sheet

-Fixed improper HP of metal trussing sheet

-Fixed all trussing blocks are now repaired with short metal pipes

+Recipes

-Added recipe for metal trussing sheet at workbench to now cost short metal pipes

The vitamins description says that they give wellness over time, but they don't. I wasted 2 now, I'm guessing they'd still cure dysentery though? So either the description is wrong or the appropriate buff is missing.

Why'd you change the harvesting system like that? It's force-cluttering my inventory with unwanted seeds and making me leave a toolbelt slot free to punch things, proves to be really annoying. A choice whether we want to just pick things, or use tools for the seeds would be nice.

This mod is HARD (even having played True Survival, it's the additional nerfing of the weapons that kills) and the progression is really slow - I already changed the loot back to 100%, just cause I need to find more glue to get things going! I also get the feeling I have to hunt constantly to not starve (thinking the meat drops are lowered, plus no food perk!) - combined with the high spawns, that's really tough in the beginning.

The vitamins description says that they give wellness over time, but they don't. I wasted 2 now, I'm guessing they'd still cure dysentery though? So either the description is wrong or the appropriate buff is missing.

Why'd you change the harvesting system like that? It's force-cluttering my inventory with unwanted seeds and making me leave a toolbelt slot free to punch things, proves to be really annoying. A choice whether we want to just pick things, or use tools for the seeds would be nice.

This mod is HARD (even having played True Survival, it's the additional nerfing of the weapons that kills) and the progression is really slow - I already changed the loot back to 100%, just cause I need to find more glue to get things going! I also get the feeling I have to hunt constantly to not starve (thinking the meat drops are lowered, plus no food perk!) - combined with the high spawns, that's really tough in the beginning.

Yup starting to feel like the game is getting to where it should be, and yeah vitamins raise your wellness by 1.2 over the course of 24 hours on a hidden buff, and you must not have installed the localization file or you are not playing on English if you cant see my modified descriptions. I can only speak English so only the English portions of the localization file have been adapted for the mod.

Sounds great, you are actually having to struggle to find food, what is this a survival game or something? :)

And yeah the seeds dropping is way better than crafting them I can maybe look into making seeds require a special harvest tool so that you can choose weather you want seeds or food from the harvest or something that actually sounds like a pretty good idea will need time to think about exactly how I may implement it.

EDIT: Found the misleading description for Vitamins and is now fixed.

Hii!! I think that this is a little disbalance, i say that in relation to the item build cost, "4 short iron pipes and 4 forged iron". This is a big amount of material for that resistance. Look at the block "Scrap Iron Grape", it cost 10 of iron, and it have 1000hp too... besides, it can be upgraded with 10 forged iron and gets 4000hp... That's where i think the disbalance is, or making the iron bar recipe cheaper o downgrading the scrap iron grape hp :)

Already looked into it and fixed it, you should now see them with more HP and the trussing blocks are not supposed to be upgraded into so I fixed that and added a recipe for the trussing sheet and made the other sheets match its HP since the recipe costs are all about the same.

Archived