The apparel and armors in the official version

davdes

Honestly, it feels now cheap. From 10 apparel/armors in total to wear in the alphas to now 4 in the official, it feels like there's not much stuff to be able to loot and try to find and get as reward anymore. It just halved the possibilities and excitement of you hoping to find some armor pieces you were lacking because of the greater variety previously. The same with the clothes. Now all clothes gone. Bye bye. Frankly, they should have AT LEAST let the leg armor be there, since now there are only helm, gloves, chest and boots. Yeah yeah the new sets and their bonuses, but c'mon, there's only 4 pièces now to get and you're done with it. Cheap move guys seriously, I'm opening my character menu and it just looks empty and void, the richness of before is gone...! What I find boring concerning the clothes is that you only have to wear the 4 primitives lv1 armor and you're already finding yourself at 80 cold and heat resistance. No grinding and raiding to get clothes to raise your elemental resistances whatsoever. It's lazy easy world now. Also, it now render the POI Clothing Store useless, since all you are looting now there from clothe shelves is cloth fragments. How interesting and exciting!

Edited by davdes
more explanations (see edit history)

50 minutes ago, davdes said:

Cheap move guys seriously, I'm opening my character menu and it just looks empty and void, the richness of before is gone...!

Your message reminded me of the release of TES IV Oblivion. Back then, this was all they wrote about on the forums. ))))

While I am enjoying the simplicity of the new armor system, I do wish the "Outfit" was split between torso and leg pieces. That being said, I expect them to make some adjustments to the new system in the future, though I doubt it would stray from the 4-piece system they have. Keep in mind, I think the complication here is coming up with a good variation in individual bonuses. There's already several repeats across different pieces. I'm hoping they address this in the future. Also, this release has brand new character models, so the old armor sets literally would not work, and same with the basic clothing items.

They have stated that a "wardrobe" system is coming in the next release, and while there hasn't been any official word, speculation is that clothing might be coming back now that they've had time to design pieces that would work with the new character models. That should help bring back some of the variation and flavor that you're looking for.

1 hour ago, Syphon583 said:

While I am enjoying the simplicity of the new armor system, I do wish the "Outfit" was split between torso and leg pieces. That being said, I expect them to make some adjustments to the new system in the future, though I doubt it would stray from the 4-piece system they have. Keep in mind, I think the complication here is coming up with a good variation in individual bonuses. There's already several repeats across different pieces. I'm hoping they address this in the future. Also, this release has brand new character models, so the old armor sets literally would not work, and same with the basic clothing items.

They have stated that a "wardrobe" system is coming in the next release, and while there hasn't been any official word, speculation is that clothing might be coming back now that they've had time to design pieces that would work with the new character models. That should help bring back some of the variation and flavor that you're looking for.

I hope we get some Like theses 

abf62217-de28-4579-94b8-4b7149110ca9 (1).png

19a9db70-68e6-45d5-88b9-a4dcbd1fb9b8.png

I hope we get these as zombies the top one looks alot like the janitor 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

I like the new armor.  I do agree that legs would have been a good option to have, though.  They seem to have wanted more control over keeping armor from clipping all the time like it did before.  By limiting the pieces and keeping the main 2 (chest and legs) as a single item, it makes it far easier to do that.  I'm not saying that they couldn't have made it work without doing that... just that it was probably easier.  In any case, the armor looks significantly better. Yeah, when we're used to having more pieces, it feels lacking, but you get used to it.  And I'd rather have the nicer looking stuff we have now than what we had before, even if there were more options before.  They just need to overhaul all of the bonuses because they are pretty messed up right now.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Riamus said:

I like the new armor.  I do agree that legs would have been a good option to have, though.  They seem to have wanted more control over keeping armor from clipping all the time like it did before.  By limiting the pieces and keeping the main 2 (chest and legs) as a single item, it makes it far easier to do that.  I'm not saying that they couldn't have made it work without doing that... just that it was probably easier.  In any case, the armor looks significantly better. Yeah, when we're used to having more pieces, it feels lacking, but you get used to it.  And I'd rather have the nicer looking stuff we have now than what we had before, even if there were more options before.  They just need to overhaul all of the bonuses because they are pretty messed up right now.

I agree with what you said. I still keep thinking they should have let the legs armor there. Because now as plain comparison it feels like downgradind from WoW's character inventory which was 12+slots down to Diablo 2 character inventory which was like 5. You get the picture. What I find boring concerning the clothes is that you only have to wear the 4 primitives lv1 armor and you're already finding yourself at 80 cold and heat resistance. No grinding and raiding to get clothes to raise your elemental resistances whatsoever. It's lazy easy world now. Also, it now render the POI Clothing Store useless, since all you are looting now there from clothe shelves is cloth fragments. How interesting and exciting!

Edited by davdes (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, davdes said:

What I find boring concerning the clothes is that you only have to wear the 4 primitives lv1 armor and you're already finding yourself at 80 cold and heat resistance. 

That is just a temporary thing until they do the weather/elemental update.  They removed that as a factor likely due to few mod slots.  How they incorporate it when they do the weather update, I have no idea.  Perhaps a special mod slot.  Perhaps something else.  No idea.  But it is just temporary.