Expanded Weapons and Tools

Valmar

This is a snippit from my Valmod

that includes a few extra weapons, tools and weapon mods like silencers. Consider this to be more of a resource than an actual mod since I do not include everything. You will have to add the new guns to the appropriate recipe books.

Loot.xml Changes:

Do NOT just add this to your loot xml. You have to find your commonWeaponParts and militaryguns+ammo group and edit them to include these lines:

<lootgroup name="commonWeaponParts">

<item name="partsBoltRifle_parts"/>

<lootgroup name="militaryWeaponParts">

<item name="gunSilencer"/>

<item name="gunScope"/>

<item name="gunChoke"/>

You can add the parts to other places too if you so desire.

Now for the items and recipe xmls. You should be able to just add these in without modifying anything else.

Items.xml

Recipes.xml

Custom Icons:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/l7mv8oa4mk77o/Icons

If you have questions or have problems let me know.

Optional:

Add this to your Localization file in the config folder

gunPistolSilenced,items,Item Gun,,Pistol (Silenced),,
gunPistolSilencedDesc,items,Item Gun,,A silenced pistol. Uses 9mm ammo. Can be re-assembled and repaired if you read the pistol book.,,
gunSilencer,items,Item Gun,,Weapon Silencer,,
partsSilencerDesc,items,Item Gun,,A silencer to attach to guns.,,
gunChoke,items,Item Gun,,Shotgun Choke,,
partsChokeDesc,items,Item Gun,,Attach this weapon choke to a shotgun to reduce spread and increase accuracy.,,
gun44MagnumSilenced,items,Item Gun,,.44 Magnum (Silenced),,
gun44MagnumSilencedDesc,items,Item Gun,,A silenced magnum. Uses 44 magnum ammo..,,
gunScope,items,Item Gun,,High-Powered Scope,,
partsScopeDesc,items,Item Gun,,A high-powered scope to attach to a sniper for increased magnification.,,
gunBoomstick,items,Item Gun,,Boomstick,,
gunBoomstickDesc,items,Item Gun,,You're all out of bubblegum.,,
gunMP5Silenced,items,Item Gun,,SMG (Silenced),,
gunMP5SilencedkDesc,items,Item Gun,,This silenced SMG uses 10mm ammo. Can be re-assembled and repaired if you read the schematic.,,
gunSniperSilenced,items,Item Gun,,Sniper Rifle (Silenced),,
gunSniperSilencedkDesc,items,Item Gun,,This silenced sniper rifle uses 762mm ammo. Can be re-assembled and repaired if you read the schematic.,,
gunPumpShotgunChoked,items,Item Gun,,Pump Shotgun (Choked),,
gunPumpShotgunChokedDesc,items,Item Gun,,Pump shotgun with an attached choke for improved accuracy.,,
gunHuntingRifleSilenced,items,Item Gun,,Hunting Rifle (Silenced),,
gunHuntingRifleSilencedDesc,items,Item Gun,,This silenced hunting rifle takes uses 762mm ammo.,,
gunBoltRifle,items,Item Gun,,Bolt Rifle,,
gunBoltRifleDesc,items,Item Gun,,This single-shot bolt rifle uses 762mm ammo and has a scope.,,
gunBoltRifleSilenced,items,Item Gun,,Bolt Rifle (Silenced),,
gunBoltRifleSilencedDesc,items,Item Gun,,"This silenced, single-shot bolt rifle uses 762mm ammo and has a scope.",,
gunAK47Silenced,items,Item Gun,,AK-47 Assault Rifle (Silenced),,
gunAK47SilencedDesc,items,Item Gun,,This silenced assault rifle uses 762mm ammo.,,
gunSniperRifleHPScope,items,Item Gun,,Sniper Rifle (High-Powered Scope),,
gunSniperRifleHPScopeDesc,items,Item Gun,,This sniper rifle features a high-powered scope to allow for further magnification and uses 762mm ammo.,,
gunSniperRifleHPScopeSilenced,items,Item Gun,,Sniper Rifle (High-Powered Scope/Silenced),,
gunSniperRifleHPScopeSilencedDesc,items,Item Gun,,This silenced sniper rifle features a high-powered scope to allow for further magnification and uses 762mm ammo.,,
partsBoltRifle_parts,items,Item Gun,,Bolt Rifle Parts,,
partsBoltRiflePartsDesc,items,Item Gun,,These parts are used to create a bolt-action rifle.,,
IronCrossbow,items,Item Gun,,Iron Crossbow,,
IronCrossbowDesc,items,Item Gun,,"This crossbow deals more damage, has further range and improved durability than a normal crossbow.",,
ironBow,items,Item Gun,,Iron Bow,,
ironBowDesc,items,Item Gun,,"This bow deals more damage, has further range and improved durability than a normal bow.",,
combatAxe,items,Item Tool,,Combat Axe,,
combatAxeDesc,items,Item Tool,,This axe was designed to be used as a weapon more than a tool.,,
weedCleaver,items,Item Tool,,Weed Cleaver,,
weedCleaverDesc,items,Item Tool,,"This tool excells at clearing up glass - but not much else.",,

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, newbie in modding this game here, i tried to add these guns .etc into my game but i just cant get them to pop up, and for the life of me, cannot find how to change the ID's for them. Help would be Very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh here's the XML's if someone would spot something off in these

Loot.xml

<item name="mp5_barrel"/>

<item name="mp5_stock"/>

<item name="mp5_receiver"/>

<item name="mp5_parts"/>

<item name="sniperRifleBarrel"/>

<item name="sniperRifle_stock"/>

<item name="sniperRifle_triggerHousing"/>

<item name="sniperRifleParts"/>

<item name="Assault_Rifle_Barrel"/>

<item name="Assault_Rifle_Stock"/>

<item name="Assault_Rifle_Housing"/>

<item name="Assault_Rifle_Parts"/>

</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="rareBooks" count="1">

<item name="macDyverBook"/>

<item name="setInConcrete"/>

<item name="theRiddleOfSteel"/>

<item name="minibikesForDumb♥♥♥♥s"/>

<item name="clubSpikedSchematic"/>

<item name="gasCanSchematic"/>

<item name="flamingArrowSchematic"/>

<item name="sledgehammerSchematic"/>

<item name="ironHelmetSchematic" />

<item name="ironChestArmorSchematic" />

<item name="ironLegArmorSchematic" />

<item name="ironBootsSchematic" />

<item name="ironGlovesSchematic" />

<item name="theEnforcerMagazine"/>

<item name="smgSchematics"/>

<item name="sniperRifleSchematic"/>

<item name="shotgunSlugSchematic"/>

<item name="handelbarsSchematic"/>

<item name="10mmBulletSchematic"/>

<item name="762mmBulletSchematic"/>

<item name="augerSchematic"/>

<item name="firstAidKitSchematic"/>

<item name="explodingCrossbowBoltSchematic"/>

<item name="Assault Rifle Schematic"/>

<item name="Steel Fireaxe Schematic"/>

<item name="Combat Axe Schematic"/>

<item name="Iron Crossbow Schematic"/>

<item name="Iron Bow Schematic"/>

recipes.xml

<!-- Expanded Weapons and Tools Mod -->

<recipe name="Assault_Rifle" count="1" scrapable="True" craft_time="5" learn_exp_gain="200" craft_exp_gain="1" >

<ingredient name="flashlight02" count="0" grid="0, -1"/>

<ingredient name="Assault_Rifle_Barrel" count="1" grid="1, -1"/>

<ingredient name="Assault_Rifle_Stock" count="1" grid="0, 0"/>

<ingredient name="Assault_Rifle_Housing" count="1" grid="1, 0"/>

<ingredient name="Assault_Rifle_Parts" count="1" grid="1, 1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="Iron_Crossbow" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_time="20" learn_exp_gain="100" craft_exp_gain="50" >

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="0, -2" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="1, -2" />

<ingredient name="ingotIron" count="1" grid="2, -2" />

<ingredient name="leatherStrips" count="1" grid="0, -1" />

<ingredient name="stick" count="1" grid="1, -1" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="2, -1" />

<ingredient name="stick" count="1" grid="0, 0" />

<ingredient name="leatherStrips" count="1" grid="1, 0" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="2, 0" />

<ingredient name="stick" count="1" grid="-1, 1" />

</recipe>

<recipe name="Iron_Bow" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_time="15" learn_exp_gain="90" craft_exp_gain="45">

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="2, -2" />

<ingredient name="leatherStrips" count="1" grid="1, -1" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="2, -1" />

<ingredient name="leatherStrips" count="1" grid="0, 0" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="1, 0" />

<ingredient name="leatherStrips" count="1" grid="-1, 1" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="0, 1" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="-2, 2" />

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="1" grid="-1, 2" />

</recipe>

<recipe name="Steel_Fireaxe" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_time="5" learn_exp_gain="50" craft_exp_gain="25">

<ingredient name="ingotSteel" count="1" grid="1, -2" />

<ingredient name="stick" count="1" grid="1, -1" />

<ingredient name="ingotSteel" count="1" grid="2, -1" />

</recipe>

<recipe name="Combat_Axe" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_time="5" learn_exp_gain="50" craft_exp_gain="25">

<ingredient name="ingotIron" count="1" grid="0, -1" />

<ingredient name="ingotIron" count="1" grid="1, 0" />

<ingredient name="stick" count="1" grid="-2, 2" />

</recipe>

<!-- Expanded Weapons and Tools Mod END -->

</recipes>

Hey guys, newbie in modding this game here, i tried to add these guns .etc into my game but i just cant get them to pop up, and for the life of me, cannot find how to change the ID's for them. Help would be Very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Are you starting with a default install of the xmls or have you already added a mod?

To change the id just edit the bit in the <item id='##' name='XX'> bit. The only rule is the ID must be unique (within the items.xml)

Maybe post an example of what you have tried so far (use dropbox or similar and upload the items.xml, loot.xml and recipes.xml)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

1) Yes, Valmod Pack is even using them right now.

2) I don't know, I never counted. It adds silenced versions of the guns, choked versions of shotgun, a weed cleaver, a combat axe and iron bow/crossbow.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for being a noob but this part of the install instruction made me feel unsure:

Loot.xml Changes:

Do NOT just add this to your loot xml. You have to find your commonWeaponParts and militaryguns+ammo group and edit them to include these lines:

<lootgroup name="commonWeaponParts">

<item name="partsBoltRifle_parts"/>

<item name="gunSilencer"/>

<item name="gunScope"/>

<item name="gunChoke"/>

You can add the parts to other places too if you so desire.

Do I only add <item name="partsBoltRifle_parts"/> to commonWeaponParts, and

<item name="gunSilencer"/>, <item name="gunScope"/>, <item name="gunChoke"/> to militaryWeaponParts?

Also you say that we have to add the new weapons to the appropriate recipe books. is that the schematics/books that is in items.xml? Also can I just make new books for the new weapons in the items.xml or is that harder than it looks?

And what is the new weapons, all in items.xml or just the ones in recipies.xml?

I appreciate any help :)

Sorry for being a noob but this part of the install instruction made me feel unsure:

Do I only add <item name="partsBoltRifle_parts"/> to commonWeaponParts, and

<item name="gunSilencer"/>, <item name="gunScope"/>, <item name="gunChoke"/> to militaryWeaponParts?

Also you say that we have to add the new weapons to the appropriate recipe books. is that the schematics/books that is in items.xml? Also can I just make new books for the new weapons in the items.xml or is that harder than it looks?

And what is the new weapons, all in items.xml or just the ones in recipies.xml?

I appreciate any help :)

Correct. When I said "don't just add this" I meant don't just copy/paste the code into the bottom of the loot.xml. The bolded parts that you indicated go in the appropriate lootgroups that are already in the file, as you said.

As for adding the recipes to the schematics/books in the items.xml, yes. For example the pistol is taught by the pistolBook.

<item id="921" name="pistolBook">

<property name="Extends" value="schematicMaster" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="gunPistol,gunPistolSilenced" />

<property name="Skills_to_gain" value="Gun Smithing" />

</property>

</item>

You can make new schematics for these items if you want to. Its not as easy but it isn't hard either.

<item id="XXXX" name="Pistol Silencer Schematic">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="paper" />

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="1432DE" />

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="gunPistolSilenced" />

</property>

</item>

Use the above code as a template to make new schematic books. Make sure the ID you give it isn't already being used. I used "XXXX" in place of the numbers. The name can be anything you want. Just change the "recipes_to_learn" value into the item you want this book to unlock. You might want to remove the skills to gain property (or change it to another value) on recipes that aren't gun-related.

After that you would add the the new schematics to the loot.xml in the rareBooks or commonBooks lootgroups. You could add them somewhere else, of course, but this helps keeps things simple.

The only items you'd need ot make a schematic for are the items that have recipes in the recipes.xml. So you wouldn't have to make one for the gunSilencer item since it isn't something you can actually craft (it has no recipe). Make sense?

I loved the weedcleaver idea but made a few changes in my game. 1st off I made its entity damage so low that no one would ever want to use it for that. Then I changed the repair item into small stone since it is basically a lawnmower and it makes more sense that way because you use a sharpening stone to sharpen the blade (was going to make an item called sharpening stone that is made out of small rocks and uses the icon of 1 of the quarter blocks that looks like a sharpening stone but I decided it was to much work lol). This would also explain the quality loss with the upgrade since you are grinding it down over time as well but I dont plan to make any other bladed weapon/item sharpen like this because it would be to op imo but for something thats only used to cut grass its perfect.

As for adding the recipes to the schematics/books in the items.xml, yes. For example the pistol is taught by the pistolBook.

<item id="921" name="pistolBook">

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="gunPistol,gunPistolSilenced" />

</property>

</item>

You can make new schematics for these items if you want to. Its not as easy but it isn't hard either.

<item id="XXXX" name="Pistol Silencer Schematic">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="paper" />

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="1432DE" />

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="gunPistolSilenced" />

</property>

</item>

Use the above code as a template to make new schematic books. Make sure the ID you give it isn't already being used. I used "XXXX" in place of the numbers. The name can be anything you want. Just change the "recipes_to_learn" value into the item you want this book to unlock. You might want to remove the skills to gain property (or change it to another value) on recipes that aren't gun-related.

After that you would add the the new schematics to the loot.xml in the rareBooks or commonBooks lootgroups. You could add them somewhere else, of course, but this helps keeps things simple.

The only items you'd need ot make a schematic for are the items that have recipes in the recipes.xml. So you wouldn't have to make one for the gunSilencer item since it isn't something you can actually craft (it has no recipe). Make sense?

Ok I understand now. But I dont understand your examples. there is no recipe for gun pistol silence only item. And you say I only need to make new schematics for those that have recipes, and that is only gunBoltRifle, gunSniperRifleHPScope, ironCrossbow, ironBow, combatAxe and weedCleaver right?

Anyway, after doing all the things you said Im getting some errors. And even when when I just add the things from your first post I get errors. Any idea what this can be?

I loved the weedcleaver idea but made a few changes in my game. 1st off I made its entity damage so low that no one would ever want to use it for that. Then I changed the repair item into small stone since it is basically a lawnmower and it makes more sense that way because you use a sharpening stone to sharpen the blade (was going to make an item called sharpening stone that is made out of small rocks and uses the icon of 1 of the quarter blocks that looks like a sharpening stone but I decided it was to much work lol). This would also explain the quality loss with the upgrade since you are grinding it down over time as well but I dont plan to make any other bladed weapon/item sharpen like this because it would be to op imo but for something thats only used to cut grass its perfect.

I didn't realize I had left entitydamage on it.

Ok I understand now. But I dont understand your examples. there is no recipe for gun pistol silence only item. And you say I only need to make new schematics for those that have recipes, and that is only gunBoltRifle, gunSniperRifleHPScope, ironCrossbow, ironBow, combatAxe and weedCleaver right?

Anyway, after doing all the things you said Im getting some errors. And even when when I just add the things from your first post I get errors. Any idea what this can be?

You're right. My bad. I didn't realize that I didn't actually include recipes for the guns. Which is fine I suppose since according to Stompy you dont need recipes for assembly. So they should still work.

Package up your config file and I'll take a loot at it for you to see where you went wrong.

You're right. My bad. I didn't realize that I didn't actually include recipes for the guns. Which is fine I suppose since according to Stompy you dont need recipes for assembly. So they should still work.

Package up your config file and I'll take a loot at it for you to see where you went wrong.

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.

I get the same error message when I use your expanded ammo types. Maybe it have been some changes in latest 7dtd updates that dont work with both this mods, but I will check some more, and I have checked more than one that what I have added is correct, maybe ID number. Will come back after more testing.

Expanded ammo and the expanded weapons/tools definitely still work. I use them in my Valmod Overhaul and Valmod Expansion Pack. Even my Classic Horde Survival mod uses them to some extent.

Personally I recommend using the expansion pack instead of individual mods. It adds all my new features without changing the vanilla experience. Much easier to install since its just a drag and drop.

Anyway my offer stands - send me a zip file of your config folder and I'll find out the problem.

Archived