Ammo in Loot

Shinentai

So, now that 1.0 looks like its going to be a game for the long haul, can i talk about standard ammo in loot? 

Mid to end game, even with turrets going i always find myself with crate after crate of standard ammo that takes ages to melt down and just generally ends up being thrown away (Which, to be honest feels like a waaaaaaste!) 

Can we maybe spawn in red tip and black tip ammo in loot once you get past a certain level to re-dress that balance? 

I've played for a few years now, maxed myself out a couple of times and always found the prevalence of standard ammo in loot frustrating once i'd make the switch to AP. 

3 hours ago, Shinentai said:

So, now that 1.0 looks like its going to be a game for the long haul, can i talk about standard ammo in loot? 

Mid to end game, even with turrets going i always find myself with crate after crate of standard ammo that takes ages to melt down and just generally ends up being thrown away (Which, to be honest feels like a waaaaaaste!) 

Can we maybe spawn in red tip and black tip ammo in loot once you get past a certain level to re-dress that balance? 

I've played for a few years now, maxed myself out a couple of times and always found the prevalence of standard ammo in loot frustrating once i'd make the switch to AP. 

Dude just sell the extra ammo. It sells for a decent amount. I find myself with an abundance of ammo too. I only use it during horde nights and for "oh sh*t" moments while looting. 

I have seen mods where they let you unpack the ammo type to repurpose it, that would be a cool addition. 

Edited by Outlaw_187 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

The amount of ammo in loot is really too much.

After a few bloodmoons, i also have so much standard ammo that i have to throw away.

The traders only buy 3 stacks of each ammo types the forges are full of brass already and i scrapped so much ammo, that i have multiple stacks of brass.

I even tried renting a vending machine at the trader and while some ammo was sold, most of it was just gone, when my rental expired.

I think it would be more useful, if scrapping ammo also returns gunpowder and lead and not only brass.

Edited by Thunderbolt-GER (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Thunderbolt-GER said:

The amount of ammo in loot is really too much.

After a few bloodmoons, i also have so much standart ammo that i have to throw away.

The traders only buy 2 stacks of each ammo types the forges are full of brass already and i scrapped so much ammo, that i have multiple stacks of brass.

I even tried renting a vending machine at the trader and while some ammo was sold, most of it was just gone, when my rental expired.

I think it would be more useful, if scrapping ammo also returns gunpowder and lead and not only brass.

Excellent idea. I find my friends with crafting skills usually going for HP ammo mainly in the late game. I am the only one who is constantly using standard ammo type. I only wish for HP and AP to be more prevailing in LvL 4, 5, and any late-game Infested Mission POIs.

On 7/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, Outlaw_187 said:

Dude just sell the extra ammo. It sells for a decent amount. I find myself with an abundance of ammo too. I only use it during horde nights and for "oh sh*t" moments while looting. 

I have seen mods where they let you unpack the ammo type to repurpose it, that would be a cool addition. 

Some of the mods are truly doing things right... In the late-game, it is kinda awkward situation while swimming in standard ammo.

A thought

• Change "scrap" to "breakdown" in the workbench interface and grant more/better resources.
  • For some types of items, the breakdown option is unavailable (the UI still says "scrap") until certain upgrades are installed
  • Re-introduce installable upgrades for the workbench
  • "Ammo bench kit" could be required to break down ammo and maybe also access bulk crafting. 
  • Add an alternate gunpowder recipe using acid, nitrate, and cloth (nitrocellulose). Maybe work it into a set of explosives perk books.