I Genuinely love this game but I have a couple problems with 1.0

On 8/10/2024 at 3:19 PM, theFlu said:

the reality is so absurd that the idea would fit right in... :)

The duct tape "joke" has been done before, though, in a little game called Fallout 4. Some players planted only the crops necessary to create glue farms. Now, if it were WD40 required for everything, that very old joke about duct tape and WD40 being all you need to fix up stuff around the house would be complete.

11 hours ago, InfiniteWarrior said:

The duct tape "joke" has been done before, though, in a little game called Fallout 4. Some players planted only the crops necessary to create glue farms. Now, if it were WD40 required for everything, that very old joke about duct tape and WD40 being all you need to fix up stuff around the house would be complete.

Adhesives were big money! Actually even water was. Imagine that, clean drinking water very valuable in the apocalypse.

I guess it's a good thing 7DTD has plenty of...oh...wait...

So I did just hit the great wall of duct tape in my current game, because as predicted, the pair of T6 robotic turrets and the drone cost a @%$#ton of tape. Surprisingly cloth has become my bottleneck. Interesting too, that no one is @%$#ing about cloth anymore (it was a flameworthy topic for A21) and even had noticed I had been accumulating a lot of it. So much so that I slacked off collecting it too much so.

14 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Interesting too, that no one is @%$#ing about cloth anymore

There've been some rumblings about it; I don't think many actually like the state of cloth atm. But among the annoyance that is duct tape, cloth is a minor balance problem well below the "whole logic of duct tape turrets" and "messing up water just to mess up tape" -complaints.

13 hours ago, Krougal said:

Surprisingly cloth has become my bottleneck.

Had the same problem. But I quickly solved it by planting cotton. A vegetable garden of 140 cells very quickly solves such problems.

7 hours ago, Suxar said:

Had the same problem. But I quickly solved it by planting cotton. A vegetable garden of 140 cells very quickly solves such problems.

If you always swat any cloth curtains in POIs with your stone axe, they give a few cloth and take 1 swing so they are one of the quicker and easier ways to gather it effortlessly. I had just stopped doing even that because I was trying a speedrunning quests strategy. It isn't my normal playstyle, so it has been interesting, but it isn't really geared around crafting, which is habitual for me I guess.

King-size beds, which are pretty abundant in POIs, give 25 cloth, iirc.  I smack 'em with my steel axe as I go past, the same way I smack the wood doors for brass.  One swing does it, instant 25 cloth.  I quit doing curtains because they aren't worth my time when there are beds around.

But the cloth problem has never become as bad as it could be for a couple reasons.  One, it only takes 1 cotton now to make cloth, instead of the previous two.  And with a single point in LotL, you get 2 cloth for every cotton plant you run past out in the field.

But farms, yes.  If you have a farmer in your team you can pretty easily get 7 yield per plant, and even a mere 20 farm plots gives us more cotton than we need.  Supplemented with POI beds and all the cloth I get from looting clothing objects trying for Legendary Parts, means we have more than enough cloth.

3 hours ago, stample said:

King-size beds, which are pretty abundant in POIs, give 25 cloth, iirc.  I smack 'em with my steel axe as I go past, the same way I smack the wood doors for brass.  One swing does it, instant 25 cloth.  I quit doing curtains because they aren't worth my time when there are beds around.

But the cloth problem has never become as bad as it could be for a couple reasons.  One, it only takes 1 cotton now to make cloth, instead of the previous two.  And with a single point in LotL, you get 2 cloth for every cotton plant you run past out in the field.

But farms, yes.  If you have a farmer in your team you can pretty easily get 7 yield per plant, and even a mere 20 farm plots gives us more cotton than we need.  Supplemented with POI beds and all the cloth I get from looting clothing objects trying for Legendary Parts, means we have more than enough cloth.

Oh, never tried hitting them with an axe, since I usually wrench them for springs and the cloth is a byproduct, but that's good to know.

Trying to work on my time management skills for POIs, and a big part of that is knowing what is efficient to salvage and what is not worth the time involved.

Removing the clothes and also the associated pocket mods has probably also alleviated it a bit, I know that was a big gripe before. Although, scrapping said clothes was also a good source.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

On 8/8/2024 at 7:09 PM, meganoth said:

I can fully relate to you having this strong reaction to the change where I don't even bat an eye. But this sentence I don't understand: Why would the controversial change to water make them rake in more money? They obviously hurt their sales somewhat by this because part of the players downvote them on steam.

Like I said, I think they felt they needed to see to some changes - e.g. streamlining it by removing clutter - but only saw the pros and didn't see or didn't care about the cons.

As for didn't see, I find that hard to imagine. As for didn't care, it's rather easy. They wouldn't be the first developers who changed game mechanics to make their game more appealing for new players, disregarding how the old ones would feel about it.       

On 8/13/2024 at 9:58 PM, Krougal said:

Oh, never tried hitting them with an axe, since I usually wrench them for springs and the cloth is a byproduct, but that's good to know.

When you take it apart with a key, you get the same fabric. You lose springs with an axe.

• 5 weeks later...