Horde night zombies spawning with land claimed area?

Here's a screenshot of my current base setup right after the horde night:

hordenightspawninsidelandclaim.thumb.jpg.3792710e800412e75101a5ed41a79004.jpg

I started with my back to my base, down the access hallway, near to where you can see a shotgun trap in the bottom right corner.

I was expecting zombies to swarm from the front.

Instead, I suddenly get hit by zombies behind me, at least five coming one after another, from within the "compound".

They did not burrow through or jump over the wall, it was untouched and its height is 4 blocks, plus this was like 22:01 so they had no chance to pile up yet.

There are no other entrances.

The only conclusion is: they must have spawned within.

Maybe this is a feature and a land claim block is not supposed to block horde night zombies from spawning within its area of influence, but that would still be strange.

I'm not sure, is this a bug?

Land Claim block blocks POI zeds from respawning after the zones have been cleared.

Bedroll blocks POI zeds and random biome spawns.

Nothing blocks wandering hordes, screamer hordes, or bloodmoon spawns.

Bloodmoon zeds can spawn anywhere 30-50 meters from your player position.

This is normal.

38 minutes ago, Blasphemous said:

Thanks for clarifying. So much for my fort, I'll have to revert back to just nuking zeds from above.

Unless it has changed, horde spawns should not spawn on blocks... If you have no terrain inside your base, they should spawn outside but still within that distance from you.

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

Land Claim block blocks POI zeds from respawning after the zones have been cleared.

Bedroll blocks POI zeds and random biome spawns.

Nothing blocks wandering hordes, screamer hordes, or bloodmoon spawns.

Bloodmoon zeds can spawn anywhere 30-50 meters from your player position.

This is normal.

Can we get some clarification on this? I know LCBs would only block POI sleeper respawns in the past, but the "Craft Land Claim Block" challenge description now mentions "LCBs will also prevent Sleeper and Biome respawns...".

On 7/17/2024 at 3:11 PM, seven said:

Can we get some clarification on this? I know LCBs would only block POI sleeper respawns in the past, but the "Craft Land Claim Block" challenge description now mentions "LCBs will also prevent Sleeper and Biome respawns...".

So biome spawns are different than blood moon horde spawns. The updated text is correct, or should be. There may be a bug with trigger spawns, will have to take a look at that. Blood moon spawns still won't spawn on player blocks though, they'll try to spawn on nearby terrain.

7 hours ago, Jugginator said:

So biome spawns are different than blood moon horde spawns. The updated text is correct, or should be. There may be a bug with trigger spawns, will have to take a look at that. Blood moon spawns still won't spawn on player blocks though, they'll try to spawn on nearby terrain.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I've seen a couple comments recently about non-bloodmoon zombies spawning inside an LCB protected base, so I guess that would be a bug then.

2 hours ago, seven said:

Ok, thanks for the reply. I've seen a couple comments recently about non-bloodmoon zombies spawning inside an LCB protected base, so I guess that would be a bug then.

I will add that if you don't clear out every volume inside a POI, you will get respawns regardless.