Land Claim blocks - question

For land claim blocks, can I have more than 1 active? Like multiple bases with land claim blocks, that are working to prevent zombie spawns? If so, how many can you have existing in the world at one time? Or does only the last land claim block become active, and the old ones deactivated?

24 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Default for servers is three. For local game client I believe it is 1. 

If you place a new LCB down, and have exceeded your limit, the first placed LCB goes inactive.

Still seems to be three in local.  At least it was in A21 and I have 2 active in 1.0.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 2:30 AM, Riamus said:

Still seems to be three in local.  At least it was in A21 and I have 2 active in 1.0.

So I just tried it on a local game in 1.0 and you can just have one active LCB at a time.

33 minutes ago, Amunre said:

So I just tried it on a local game in 1.0 and you can just have one active LCB at a time.

Try clicking the Defaults button in your settings.  That should change it to the default of 3.  If it doesn't, I think you can change it in the serverconfig.xml file even if it's single player (untested).

4 hours ago, avalonnn said:

I think i'm playing offline and am playing solo and had 3. Might be nice to have 1 per biome. 

In a single player game they have almost no meaning. The only thing they allow is to move workstations. In a network game, they indicate the player’s area. If the server is PvE, then the other player in this area cannot do anything.

53 minutes ago, Suxar said:

In a single player game they have almost no meaning. The only thing they allow is to move workstations. In a network game, they indicate the player’s area. If the server is PvE, then the other player in this area cannot do anything.

They also affect spawns and chunk resets (if enabled or done manually) and region resets (these are only done manually).  But yeah, the main issue use is for moving stuff.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me, plz, if my buildings or loot boxes disappearing and chunk resetting to defaults as soon as I leave a chunk (while keeping changes during a trader quest in that chunk is active) is some kind of local bug or a new behavior of the game since alpha 21? And any of my buildings or objects can only be secured in areas of land claims?

As I rolled back consistently to 20, 19, and 18, and anything I build is stood intact unless it was destroyed by zombies judging by ruines and the characteristic marks left.

20 minutes ago, realratibor said:

Can someone tell me, plz, if my buildings or loot boxes disappearing and chunk resetting to defaults as soon as I leave a chunk (while keeping changes during a trader quest in that chunk is active) is some kind of local bug or a new behavior of the game since alpha 21? And any of my buildings or objects can only be secured in areas of land claims?

As I rolled back consistently to 20, 19, and 18, and anything I build is stood intact unless it was destroyed by zombies judging by ruines and the characteristic marks left.

This should really be it's own topic, but to answer your question, make sure you disable chunk reset if you don't want it, and check to make sure you don't have the value for saving data set to 0.  I don't actually know where that is and maybe someone can look, but I saw a post where someone changed it to 0, which meant it couldn't save anything about changes to the world.

On 8/23/2024 at 8:31 PM, Riamus said:

This should really be it's own topic, but to answer your question, make sure you disable chunk reset if you don't want it, and check to make sure you don't have the value for saving data set to 0.  I don't actually know where that is and maybe someone can look, but I saw a post where someone changed it to 0, which meant it couldn't save anything about changes to the world.

Thanks for helping hand. Disabling chunk reset has helped to save my occasional structures during explorations but now chunks seem to stay empty looted forever (not quite sure though). Anyway, since even 100 days of Chunk Reset Time doesn't seem to work at all this solution is better than immediate loosing of loot and structures.

Thank a lot again. The info on land claims greater than 3 is also was helpful. I'm going now to try neighbouring claims up to 3-5 in a row for main base with a few single in different biomes.

(I'm not sure if I keep playing 1.0+ in the future as no tin cans and glass jars in the world is really stupid idea in my opinion. Then I just roll back to beta 20.)

5 hours ago, realratibor said:

Thanks for helping hand. Disabling chunk reset has helped to save my occasional structures during explorations but now chunks seem to stay empty looted forever (not quite sure though). Anyway, since even 100 days of Chunk Reset Time doesn't seem to work at all this solution is better than immediate loosing of loot and structures.

Thank a lot again. The info on land claims greater than 3 is also was helpful. I'm going now to try neighbouring claims up to 3-5 in a row for main base with a few single in different biomes.

(I'm not sure if I keep playing 1.0+ in the future as no tin cans and glass jars in the world is really stupid idea in my opinion. Then I just roll back to beta 20.)

Once you're used to no cans or jars, it really is better.  The only thing that isn't is realism if you are really interested in that or needing to get water from dew collectors instead of all at once in the first couple of days for the entire game with jars.  But those aren't really important imo and there are a lot of good changes in A21 and 1.0 that you miss out on, but that's up to you.

Without chunk reset, anything broken or that changes state (e.g. a looted fridge changes from closed to open) will not reset.  However, any containers that do not change state will reset based on your loot reset setting for the game.  I believe that's 3 days by default, though I haven't looked in a long time.  Unless you're playing with a lot of players, it really shouldn't be a problem unless you aren't doing quests that will reset POI.