(V1) Preppocalypse

arramus

@arramus So I was doing some checking around today for some things I may have missed in the mod and I found a couple traps you must have added. 

Trap- Cactus

Trap- Tar

Feedback for both of them

Trap- Cactus

I want to try this out, it sounds interesting however I do think the 20 Yucca fruit is a bit cost prohibitive to make these? It's also eating up 12 Regular nails, and 12 steel nails along with Glue. (ouch, ouch ouch). Without even knowing the stats on this trap I feel like one zombie is going to hit it and it completely get trashed. So I am hesistant about creating it, is it meant to be this high? Oh man, and I even see the 12 forged iron on it as well. 

Trap Tar- You must be a fan of Fortnite save the world, because I used to love the TAR Pit trap, so I made a few of these and was disappointed on how small they were. Is it possible to get them to be bigger? Small complaint if not no big deal. 

3 hours ago, Valcron said:

@arramus So I was doing some checking around today for some things I may have missed in the mod and I found a couple traps you must have added. 

Trap- Cactus

Trap- Tar

Feedback for both of them

Trap- Cactus

I want to try this out, it sounds interesting however I do think the 20 Yucca fruit is a bit cost prohibitive to make these? It's also eating up 12 Regular nails, and 12 steel nails along with Glue. (ouch, ouch ouch). Without even knowing the stats on this trap I feel like one zombie is going to hit it and it completely get trashed. So I am hesistant about creating it, is it meant to be this high? Oh man, and I even see the 12 forged iron on it as well. 

Trap Tar- You must be a fan of Fortnite save the world, because I used to love the TAR Pit trap, so I made a few of these and was disappointed on how small they were. Is it possible to get them to be bigger? Small complaint if not no big deal. 

Thank you for the feedback.

For your reference, these traps have been there since A20. They are also added to the quest progression for Prepper Stockpile Part 3 to ensure they are acknowledged and introduced.

It sounds like you may not have reached this stage of the Prepper Stockpile progression or skipped it. They were added to the Prepper Stockpile quest as a way to introduce them, and pick up some rewards for at least making 1 of each to offset any initial cost. The purpose of the quest is to introduce them, and test them to see if they're worthy as a common trap.

It sounds like the feedback is primarily related to the resource requirements in the recipe, and a feature request for block size.

The Tar Trap and Cactus Trap do not degrade as a zombie walks on them, as with degradation of other traps. As such they do not passively degrade and have to be actively damaged to lose HP. They are very reliable, and can be repaired, or picked up when their health is at 100%. When placed in a bottleneck area, they provide the player with time and softening up since they can quite dramatically slow them down and reduce health when paired. It only requires one of each in a bottle necked area to have a pretty major impact. This also gives reason to why they are 1 block in size as they are designed for 'bottle necked tower defense' rather than broad spread usage.

Since they can be damaged by splash damage from cop spit, clawing, fire, shots, and explosions, it helps to keep them tucked away or closer to the player where they can be repaired as needed. We really don't need many of these in a defensive set up. But if you haven't tested them yet, that waits to be seen.

When a player first appears in the World, there is a Note in the toolbelt for a variety of quests. One of them is Prepper Stockpile Quest. This is a series of group quests from 1 - 6. It introduces a number of custom features including the Traps. Each phase has 5 activities with 30 activities in total. And each phase rewards 2 Skill and a gift. Maybe you read it, and it's in the quest list, but simply not acted on.

To help me select trader quests based on custom Preppocalypse POIs, I put together a modlet that adds a yellow 'P' after the name of POIs introduced by the Preppocaypse mod and a 'W' for POIs from the Old West Migration mod.

The inspiration was Cautious Pancake's New POI Highlight modlet (https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5342)

I tested it briefly in 1.0 stable with a standard Preppocalypse install in the Mods folder and with Preppocalypse as an overhaul install in the Mod Launcher. 

This works best with Traders Show POI Names (Robot Edition): https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4944 

You can grab the Flatlander Preppo POI Highlight modlet here

https://github.com/flatlanderone/Preppo-POI-Highlight/releases/

You should see the modlet in action in my next 7DTD stream on https://www.youtube.com/@flatlanderone

11 hours ago, Tatia said:

Is there a Discord for this mod?

Not at the moment Tatia because managing a Discord server can become quite a consuming activity. I assist in the Mod Launcher, and The Wasteland Discord as an admin/mod and am currently getting the Wild West Mod to public release version with other team members. Once things settle down, I am willing to discuss it with community members who are willing to take an active role.

Here's an update for Preppocalypse:

1. Double Trouble 'Toilet' Pistol

The Double Trouble Pistol cannot be crafted. It can only be found in toilets and at the traders. However, players also receive a lower quality one in their Starter Kit which replaces the Pipe Pistol. Weapons found in toilets (Pistol, Knife, and now Double Trouble Pistol) are now Game Staged and will increase in Quality as the player progresses. The reason is because players already start with a level 2-3 knife and toilet knives become redundant from Day 1. In addition, the Double Trouble Pistol cannot be crafted and this offers a way to find it for Q1 ~ Q5. It can also be bought at the Traders at Q6.

Why is it called Double Trouble Pistol?
- It can fire a burst of two shots.
- It uses .22 Short ammo that can be crafted on the player in the backpack or on a workbench.
- It holds 22 rounds.
- One other toilet connection to No. 2's.

It is a repurposed Pistol but has trade offs. It does half damage of a Pistol, which also places it lower than the Pipe Pistol, but has a capacity of 22 rounds. The light ammo make its durability higher than a pistol as well. It has less range but is more stable to fire. These traits resemble the real life version for this caliber in many areas.

spacer.png

spacer.png

.22 Short Ammo is a small caliber round with limited stopping power. The Double Trouble Pistol has a hire rate of fire and has that 2 shot burst capability. It can be very useful when needed, and will serve players well for those initial few days.

spacer.png

Since they cannot be crafted, and only found in loot, it will be possible to increase its level as your loot stage increases. I didn't get lucky this time, but better than a handful of No. 2's.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2. RWG Mixer

Floppy Games POIs is not getting placed so much these days as the commercial area has a lot of competition in V1. This is a good thing, but it would be nice to see a placement or two in RWG without needing to manually add an instance to the World. This updated setting may help... It may require an increase in the future, or even an expansion to the Industrial region since it has that electronics theme.

In preparation for the update from b14 experimental to stable, here are some updates:

1. Preppo Pass-N-Gas Plaza

- This default POI has been upgraded from a T3 to T5 with Preppo entities. The default version can still appear, but this take over version will be added to the mix.

It also supports Infested for that T6 hook up. It follows orthodox routing, but the challenge will be noticeably different. This will added further opportunity for higher Game Stage.

spacer.png

2. .22 Short Ammo

- .22 Short Ammo has crafting time reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.

- .22 Short Ammo can be crafted on the Ammo Press, in addition to on the player and workbench.

3. POI Bias and Location

Floppy Games Workshop POI and Bunkerlands are being placed a lot less in V1.1. To offset the decrease, they can both be placed in the commercial and industrial zones. They still don't appear as much as they used to even, with a much heavier RWG weighting applied, but they are starting to appear again at least.

Now that 7D2D has moved to Stable, that will resolve the console error for POIs with custom player signs added to custom POIs.

Here is a small update for Preppocalypse:

1. The Prepper Animal Hoarder

The Country Town tile area has the animal hoarder POI which is a 7 Days classic. Since we are forced to start in a Country Town type area with Trader Rekt, it has been repurposed as a Prepper POI with Preppo connections. It upgrades from T2 to T3 and is hooked up to all Quest types...

The twist is... it will have the Preppo animals such as 'Bad Bunny', 'Mutant Snake', and 'Battle Chicken'... along with the others. However, it is Game Staged, and will be moderate to begin with. The original will still appear as the T2 version and they will be easy to distinguish.

There are now a pretty nice spread of custom POIs ranging from repurposed default POIs to custom POIs built from the ground up. The overall goal is to ensure they are spread through Rural, Country Town, Commercial, Industrial, Downtown, and all other areas. The Old West is already very well catered for with 75+ custom POIs, some of which are also repurposed but really fit in.

This is the front of The Prepper Animal Hoarder. It's hard to mistake it for the default type. Be careful down there as it is a little more expanded.

spacer.png

So I just realized I am launching the game on the Mod launcher and it still says it's version 1.0 for the base game, using the mod launcher how do you update the base game while playing Prepperpocalpyse? 

I realized I didn't participate in the Stable version

After updating in Steam to V1.1 (b14) Stable, it is possible the Mod Launcher will recognise the files have updated and simply use the default version in the main directory. That was my experience when updating from 1.0 to 1.1 experimental. However, if the Mod Launcher has cloned that V1.0 version, that will need to be purged. The Mod Launcher team are the experts on that.

• arramus changed the title to (V1) Preppocalypse

1. Preppo Close Encounters Gun Store

This is a well known default POI given a Preppo variant. It is T5 and hooked up to all possible Quest types. To match the theme, it supports the Preppo Soldier Group of Mini Soldiers and their helpers. It is not recommended to visit the shooting range area until very well prepared as it can be quite an onslaught.

spacer.png

2. Zombie Elimination Quest

A fake zombie has been added as the first entity for the zombie elimination quest. The first entity in the list of possible zombies is placed as the named zombie. Arlene is first in the list and renamed to Zombies, to allow 'Kill 10 Zombies' to appear. However, players using the HP and name mod would see Arlene as Zombies. This fake zombie cannot spawn and simply acts as a place marker.

3. Can Can Bat

Oakraven has kindly updated the Can Can Bat because it was not emitting light when the Burning Shaft Mod was installed. This update provides it a surrounding light source.

4. Preppocalypse (V1.0) to (V1)

Now that we have moved from V1.0 to V1.1, Preppocalypse will simply be called Preppocalypse (V1) to remain future compliant. It is possible we will see a V1.2 and V1.3 at some point. The mod launcher keeps a cache of data which will retain the V1.0 naming, and we have to delete the mods.json file in the Mod Launcher v1 folder as well as any reference to V1.0 files to purge it and allow it to show V1. The link to Github which the Mod Launcher downloads from remains the same with a V1.0 reference. Changing that can cause duplication issues and it will cause no problems remaining with that name.

r.2.-2.7rg appears to have corrupted. Responses over the years in this forum suggest there is no recovery option beyond using a back up save.

You can delete that r.2.-2.7rg region from your game save 'Saves / West Xuyofu Territory / prepped / Region folder and see if it allows you to load the world. Hopefully this is the only corrupt region, but there is a chance for more. Deleting that region will wipe everything that was in it though and is something to consider. This is a game specific issue that can occur on any play through.

24 minutes ago, arramus said:

r.2.-2.7rg appears to have corrupted. Responses over the years in this forum suggest there is no recovery option beyond using a back up save.

You can delete that r.2.-2.7rg region from your game save 'Saves / West Xuyofu Territory / prepped / Region folder and see if it allows you to load the world. Hopefully this is the only corrupt region, but there is a chance for more. Deleting that region will wipe everything that was in it though and is something to consider. This is a game specific issue that can occur on any play through.

Thanks man, and guess what my entire Prepper game is completely F'ed now. A good 3 weeks of this down the tubes- terrible.... just terrible. I love this mod and everything you've done with it. I guess I'll start over :(

1. Living off the Land - Player Planted Trees

In A21 trees in a high density were causing rendering issues and double spawning issues. V1 is much better, but still not perfect. As such, this small update provides some relief for server admin who find too many trees causes performance degradation.

When players plant trees, and they reach full maturity to 1200HP, they can drop extra seeds based on the skill level for Living off the Land.

For example:

Regular trees in the biome dropped 1-2 seeds depending on size.

Player placed trees drop as follows:

0 Skill in Living off the Land = 2 seeds

1 Skill in Living off the Land = 4 seeds

2 Skill in Living off the Land = 4-5 seeds (with 50% chance for bonus drop of 1)

3 Skill in Living off the Land = 6-7 seeds (with 50% chance for bonus drop of 1)

1 Skill in Living off the Land = 4 seeds. This allows 1 for replanting, and 3 spare to add to the cooking crate. For Skill 2 and if you get lucky and collect 5, that is your 1 replant and 4 to make some acorn flour. This will also assist party players who prefer a homesteading role and want to spend more time cooking and less time chopping.

spacer.png

2. Living off the Land - Rice and Wheat

Rice and Wheat are already hooked into Living off the Land for Skill 1 and Skill 3. This small update now adds in the small Skill 2 benefit.

Players have the change to receive 1 extra bonus Rice or Wheat 50% of the time. Even if you don't get lucky with the 15% chance for a larger load, there'll be a token gesture addition as bonus. This makes Rice and Wheat fully compliant with Living off the Land.

@arramus Do you have any suggestions on how to backup the game and make saves periodically so I can't at least try and go back on this new play through if something corrupts? 

Also I tried using Izzys gun pack with the new play through and it completely breaks the game. I think the gun pack is what screwed me up on the other play through as I tried to add it in 

4 minutes ago, Valcron said:

Also I tried using Izzys gun pack with the new play through and it completely breaks the game. I think the gun pack is what screwed me up on the other play through as I tried to add it in 

I don't believe Izayo has released v3.0 of the mod pack for v1.1.  If you are playing V1.1, the current version of Izayo will break the game as there were changes made between 1.0 and 1.1.

17 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't believe Izayo has released v3.0 of the mod pack for v1.1.  If you are playing V1.1, the current version of Izayo will break the game as there were changes made between 1.0 and 1.1.

Man so this is definitely what borked my other game for sure, thanks so much. 

Here is an update for Preppocalypse:

1. Screamer I.V. Quest switched to Preppo Communication Tower - Utility Worker Quest

With the revision to how the Screamer Quest functions since the V1.0 (b316)ish update, it is being switched on the Toolbelt with the Preppo Tower - Utility Worker Quest.
The Preppo Communication Tower is randomly placed in the biomes. It has been updated to add a new entity. The Preppo Tower - Utility Worker. This entity can only appear in the Preppo Communication Tower in its Prepper form. Visit multiple towers and eliminate 25 of these Utility Workers to complete the Quest.

spacer.png

They are easy to spot, since they carry a hammer and ratchet as their melee weapons.

spacer.png

The Screamer I.V. Quest is semi functional since even though the I.V. drip does trigger a heat amount to attract Screamers, it is not as instant as it used to be. As such, it is placed in the Starter Kit Pack as we can still complete the quest through regular heat production once we've accepted the Quest and placed the I.V. drip to start the Quest. We shall see if this changes in the future.

2. Preppo Hogzilla POI.

The default Hogzilla POI is a fun one, and has been given a variant for Preppocalypse that contains Prepper boss entities. It should be a fun one.

spacer.png

3. Trader Tech-Trio and Prepper Old West Bob

Trader Tech-Trio and Prepper Old West Bob were removed since the V1 progression system has some strict sequencing. However, it is now possible to add these custom traders back in by ensuring they do not appear in the Pine Forest and break the initial Trader Rekt requirement. Here is how it works.

Step 1. We join the game for the first time and complete the initial challenge. We are pointed to Trader Rekt.
Step 2. Trader Rekt will point us to Trader Jen upon completing 10 Quests. This is the V1 pattern.

However, in the desert biome we can find the Prepper Trader Bob in the Old West Town. He can only appear in the desert biome and is set to appear once or twice depending on the size of the World and number of Old West Towns. Prepper Trader Bob cannot appear in other biomes.

We can also find one or two instances of the Preppo Tech-Trio which consists of Jen, Hugh, and Joel. This POI can only appear in the Burnt Forest, Snow, or Wasteland.

This compromise allows the custom traders to return without breaking the progression system for V1.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It is possible to find the Preppo Tower - Utility Worker Quest in loot and if you missed as you are currently in a play through, it can still be found.

However, the Prepper Old West Bob and Tech-Trio POIs need to be added to a new World or manually added through the World Editor.

The updated Comm Towers will update to the new type on regions which have not been opened and the new sleeper groups should be active...

There is also a Radiated variant of the Preppo Tower - Utility Worker and he does not count towards the Quest. However, he will be counted towards the Radiated Prepper Zombies Quest. He can also be found in the Wasteland and Boss type POIs.