How do I update to 1.0 on Steam?

My Alpha 21 version is installed and keeps getting started. If I uninstall it and reinstall 7DtD, it still picks the Alpha 21. How do I get rid of A21 and get access to 1.0? Do I need to buy the release product? Do I get any discount for having the Alpha? How exactly do I get into the new game now?

You choose latest_experimental from the Betas drop-down menu in the game properties in Steam.

REMINDER: The UNSTABLE EXPERIMENTAL Build is an opt-in version for testing. It IS NOT for long-term gameplay. Expect that it will have to be wiped at least once a week, and it is not advised to continue it on Stable when it releases around July 25th. You will experience bugs and issues as a result of not wiping your experimental save.

Also note, the console version isn't on Steam. Moving this thread to a more appropriate section of the forum.

Posted (edited)

Here is a short video Spartan-85 made on it.

Have fun with the game.

and yes is experimental version so will have some bugs and you may have to restart game now and then when they update.

If you don't want to do that then only recourse is to wait until stable hits in July (maybe)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

Ahh, I was under the impression that the game was fully released as a 1.0, but I guess not. That likely means that my rented dedicated server is not going to be hosting the correct version. I think I need to wait till July. Wait, this is July. Hmm.

lol yes it is. This is from the 1.0 dev diary.

image.png.9d35b18917797489bf7d8aaf01dd4e90.png

EDIT: Forgot to add that these are estimated dates. There could be unforeseen circumstances that change them

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

Ahh, I was under the impression that the game was fully released as a 1.0, but I guess not. That likely means that my rented dedicated server is not going to be hosting the correct version. I think I need to wait till July. Wait, this is July. Hmm.

Stable release is expected around July 25th.

No, 1.0 just means that they have left Early Access.  TFP have 3 more major updates planned for the end of this year and next year so I would expect experimental releases at those stages also.

On 7/8/2024 at 11:51 AM, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

You could always check with your server provider to see if they allow downloading from the experimental branch. Pretty sure PingPerfect, BlueFang, and ServerBlend has the ability. I would expect most popular providers would have that feature.