Instant Death when jumping

Posted (edited)

So I was climbing over a mountain on foot and up near the top of it and jumped to another part and as soon as I did, I died.  No falling damage or anything.  Maybe I would have fallen if the place I landed wasn't good enough to stand on and led to me sliding/falling down the mountain.  That's possible.  But the death should have happened from falling damage and not instantly as soon as I landed on terrain that was equal elevation (at least within 1m) of where I started the jump from.  :(

I suppose it gave me the reason I needed to stop playing that game and make a new map without the limitation to city size that 1.0 added and without the restrictions to trader locations that 1.0 has.  I hadn't been going to change from the RWG map until late game, but after this I might as well.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Thanks.  I saw the stuff about breaking legs easily, though never experienced it.  But didn't see the info about damage as well.  At least it's a bug and not somehow intentional.

Friend was playing last night.  Broke her leg, put a cast on it to heal it. Went and broke it again, and it dropped the timer from two hours to about 30 seconds.

Incidentally the leg was broken both times because of the ladder bug. 

7 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Incidentally the leg was broken both times because of the ladder bug.

So that funkiness is indeed a bug? I think it's been narrowed down to if you are still holding space down when you should be catching the ladder it just doesn't work, so you have to jump and release space before getting to the ladder. Haven't honestly played much so have no experience with it.