Please scrap the outfits

ryoendymon

The replacement of armor and clothes takes this game away from survival and into RPG.  

I've adored this game since, god I think I first got it during alpha 7 or 8.  

Armor being your physical protection
Clothing being your environmental protection

These are how a survival game is supposed to be

Magical set of gear that gives you bonuses, that's RPG crap.

At best, do what you did with the complete suit set, where some book gave you something special if you wore a proper suit, , but this feels like a tremendous step back, all it's going to do is create a meta where people will feel obligated to carry 3-4 sets of gear, taking up 9-12 slots in their inventory at all times, rather than letting their skills function for their skills, and actually dressing for the biome they are going to

Wait, do you not realize why people wear clothing and special protective gear when they do stuff?

Gloves for protecting your hands from sharp objects literally lets you work faster, and longer.

knee pads lets you work on the ground for longer periods with less fatigue.

proper footwear lets people work, climb, balance better in the proper circumstance.

You give proper running shoes to a sprinter and they can literally run faster.

I could go on, but i won't.  These aren't magic, its just basic logic. 

5 hours ago, ryoendymon said:

The replacement of armor and clothes takes this game away from survival and into RPG.  

At best, do what you did with the complete suit set, where some book gave you something special if you wore a proper suit, , but this feels like a tremendous step back, all it's going to do is create a meta where people will feel obligated to carry 3-4 sets of gear, taking up 9-12 slots in their inventory at all times, rather than letting their skills function for their skills, and actually dressing for the biome they are going to

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not a purist survival game.  It is partly RPG (and other genres) and it's going to have those elements in the game.

In short, they aren't going to get rid of the new armor.

55 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not a purist survival game.  It is partly RPG (and other genres) and it's going to have those elements in the game.

In short, they aren't going to get rid of the new armor.

Right. Calling 7dtd a purely survival game is like calling fallout 4 a shooter..... oh wait. 

But in terms of the armor I think of other things like some armors could be iconic while the old Uma system was very Bland, 

it gives other armors more uses like who wore a hazmat suit? Or biker boots???. 

If anything I'm sad that we aren't getting even more but this is a good start

On 6/14/2024 at 1:16 PM, ryoendymon said:

Even if the majority of players agreed with this, the game's official release is about a month away. There is absolutely no way they would scrap over a years worth of work just because you don't think it fits the game. Also keep in mind that TFP have announced a weather overhaul sometime over the next year that will likely bring more survival elements that hopefully address some of your concerns.

Now, I'm not going to regurgitate the several valid reasons others have given as to why the new armor sets do work in the game, however I will reiterate what has been mentioned many times when someone doesn't like a certain aspect of the game: TFP have built this game to be super moddable for a reason. Don't like something? Mod it. I'm sure before too long there will be armor/clothing overhaul mods that better fit your style of gameplay.

From an RPG perspective, I'm a little disappointed that these modifications basically only add to what was already provided through attribute skill and equipment mods.

That said, this is a conclusion that was reached after extensive discussion by a number of extremely talented development staff members who have sold over 10 million copies, so I'll publicly shout hallelujah from now on.

Edited by binf_shinana (see edit history)

2 hours ago, binf_shinana said:

From an RPG perspective, I'm a little disappointed that these modifications basically only add to what was already provided through attribute skill and equipment mods.

That said, this is a conclusion that was reached after extensive discussion by a number of extremely talented development staff members who have sold over 10 million copies, so I'll publicly shout hallelujah from now on.

HALLWLUJAH!!!!