[Xbox] Any word on why 7 Days to Die seems to be leaving Game Pass soon?

Just saw it in the list of games today that were in the "Leaving Soon" category. Didn't see an announcement and I can't remember if one was ever made. I also don't want to speculate so please don't think I am, I'm just wondering if the decision was TFP's or if it was Microsoft's.

I own the game for Xbox (and PC) so it doesn't matter much to me, but I figured I'd ask anyway if anyone knew anything about it!

3 hours ago, Kam R. said:

They're saying they want to delist the legacy version when the new 1.0 comes out. I assume that new version will go to game pass and such then.

I saw! My original post was made before the announcement (yesterday, ironically).

(I'm also not sure why this is in PC discussion when I was talking specifically about the console version in my post... I'm going to trust the mods on that one though)

On 4/20/2024 at 12:48 PM, Kam R. said:

They're saying they want to delist the legacy version when the new 1.0 comes out. I assume that new version will go to game pass and such then.

There's no guarantee that it will go to Gamepass immediately. But, yes, the legacy console version will be leaving and will be delisted and no longer able to be purchased. Those who also play the PC version through Gamepass will no longer be able to play once it leaves. WIth the new pricing once 1.0 releases PC players at the least should plan to pick it up this week during the sale.