scrip to convert poi to current ver?.

VooDoo

i found a poi id like to bring in to my server im working on..  but its giving me all question marks blocks..

i thought there was a scrip or something to convert to the a working poi

thanks for reading.

2 minutes ago, VooDoo said:

i found a poi id like to bring in to my server im working on..  but its giving me all question marks blocks..

i thought there was a scrip or something to convert to the a working poi

thanks for reading.

1) Open the game to the main menu
2) Press F1
3) Type (and hit Enter): prefabupdater loadtable
4) Type (and hit Enter): prefabupdater updateblocks

This will update all POIs at once.  You will still need to manually fix any remaining blue blocks.  And because it changes some blocks to the new ones, those will look different from the originals and may not fit the POI as well, so you may also need to go through and see if anything looks out of place and change some things to different blocks so it looks right for the POI. 

12 hours ago, VooDoo said:

thank you, but how do i delete the rest of the question marks boxes??

i tryed with the admin tools, but no luck

thanks again

I have not done this in awhile, but I believe you can do something like this Note: it may not be the best way, and may not work at all, just how I would try.  Essentially: have the game replace the question mark blocks with some other block that you can then then delete/replace with normal methods.

1. you need to find (or know) what blocks the question marks are in your prefab.  Maybe use admin tools to determine what blocks the question marks are (maybe point at them, being up some menu in the editor that lets you see block types?) or maybe "load up the prefab, then check the game log to see what blocks its erroring on that are blocks it cannot find"?

2. Go into the games files/main install directory and go into this folder: Data/Config.  In this folder there will be a file called "BlockUpdates.csv".  I believe this is the file that is loaded and used when you do the "prefabupdater loadtable" command @Riamus mentions above. To be safe, first make a copy of this file somewhere, so you can put the original back if needed (fyi: a Steam "Validate files" will also put back the original file)" Then: open the file (with notepad or excel or something). The contents of the file look something like this:

OLD Block Name,Combined Shape Name,Converted On,Status,NOTES
awningBlock,awningShapes:cube,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
awningCNRFull,awningShapes:rampOutsideCornerFull,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
awningCNRRound,awningShapes:cornerRound,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,
awningCNRRoundTop,awningShapes:cubeCornerRoundTop,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,

If you know what blocks are "question marks" in your POI, you can add them to this file.  Lets assume a question mark block in your POI was named "woodenBlock123".

If you searched for it in this file, odds are it would not be in the file (because it was not replaced in your POI = there was no line saying what block "woodenBlock123" should be converted to). So; you need to put in the file a line that has "woodenBlock123" and the block you want to convert it to.  But... what block to convert to? its likely (as @Riamus indicates) the old woodenBlock123 block "...may not fit the POI as well" if a conversion/update block was listed. BUT: you just want to have a block there, so you can go into your POI and delete/replace it manually, so in theory you can choose "any" block you want... but might as well make it something sorta reasonable (like a plain wooden cube block or something) so maybe it "works well enough" and you don't have to manually replace them all.  It's kinda your call on this based on what you know about your POI.  Anyway...

Searching the file, I found this line, which is probably the "standard wood block"

woodBlock,woodShapes:cube,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,

so I'm going to copy that line, make the change below, then add this new line to the file to replace block "woodenBlock123" with "woodShapes:cube"

woodenBlock123,woodShapes:cube,Alpha.20.0.122,Replaced,

Then save the file (make sure you save it back as the original "csv" format), and do the steps in the posts above to load the POI/replace the blocks, and you should see that now all the question mark blocks where "woodenBlock123" were are now "woodShapes:cube" blocks, that you can either leave, delete, and/or replace.

NOTE: I had this happen to a POI in a previous version, I think certain "fence' blocks were not in the file. I did a replacement like this to put back the "exact" same new fence block definition and it was wonky as yeah, the new blocks were angled differently, and I had made rotations the the old fence blocks.  Basically it was no longer a nice looking fence, especially at the corners.  But with "blocks I could now delete manually" I cleaned up the corners and just made some changes where things were weird and left the rest. If you really love your POI and want it "perfect/as designed" it can be a bit of work, but I kinda like having some quirks left over so this method works well enpugh for me

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, VooDoo said:

thank you, but how do i delete the rest of the question marks boxes??

i tryed with the admin tools, but no luck

thanks again

You need to remove or replace them in the POI Editor.  You can Shift Left Click with a block in your hand while aiming at the block you want to remove and it will be removed.  Alternatively, you can Shift Right Click with a block in your hand that you want to replace the block with while aiming at the block and it will replace that block.  Do this for each block.

I find replacing them works best because you normally want something there and it saves a step.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

thanks Riamus,

i was just hoping there was a easier way..  

now i just need to figure out how to enable the trader "ding" when you try to hit something

TraderArea is set to true in the xml

thanks again

4 minutes ago, VooDoo said:

thanks Riamus,

i was just hoping there was a easier way..  

now i just need to figure out how to enable the trader "ding" when you try to hit something

TraderArea is set to true in the xml

thanks again

Add a teleport volume which is a button in the cube icon on the right hand side of your editor then shift g to resize to the size of your trader

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

By replacing block
Replace with "missingblock"
(spelling may be different)
Replacement destination
Make it something you can pass through, such as a pole.
replace it,
After saving,
Reload that prefab.

In addition, the name of the replacement block is
Localization doesn't work
Because of block's real name,
Because it's so long,
The text is very small.

This is the part of the photo.
・This is not a work-in-progress photo.

IMG_5462.jpg

Edited by a_jp (see edit history)