Is it possible to "sink" a POI into the ground to make it seem like a Sand Dune

I would love to make a desert sub biome that was small rolling hills with semi submerged building in sand to mimic sand dunes taking over a town.

Is this possible, or does this just throw an error because of collisions?

I suppose the "POI" square would be sunk in if it worked. It wouldn't fill in the space in the center.
Ideally it would fill up to the level of the ground and stop at the "building" if there is one on that POI

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

You can't biome restrict pois  for starters in a  vanilla game so of you do it to 1 all biomes will be impacted.  

Then you would need to fill the outsides of each poi with terrain to the level you want then adjust the ground level on poi. 

JaWoodle was running a winter mod, with snow covering everything; biomes and POIs alike.

He was using winterween by sphereii:

Not exactly what you're looking for, but in the right direction.

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

:

Not exactly what you're looking for, but in the right direction.

Thanks for the heads up! Ya I think that could be modified to act as sand instead of snow fairly easily. Ideally all the "depositing" takes place before it's revealed vs. piling up like a snow storm. 

My idea is to give it the vibe of a long abandoned desert town. Hardly any desert town would have clean streets/yards from drifts of sand.