Wrong version download on Steam

Hello, I am an Arch Linux user, for some reason after downloading the game, it did not start, I went into the game folder - it turned out that the version for Windows was downloaded, it obviously works through Proton, but on the game page in the store native support for Linux is indicated, or Was it removed in the latest versions? I downloaded it several times, but it still downloads the Windows version.

Steam has a setting in Manage->Properties->Compatibility where you can force it to use proton (by enabling "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool"). In your case steam probably turns this on by default, I remember it happend to me with some game as well.

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Steam has a setting in Manage->Properties->Compatibility where you can force it to use proton (by enabling "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool"). In your case steam probably turns this on by default, I remember it happend to me with some game as well.

The first thing I did was check this box, everything was cleared, the native Linux version should be downloaded

19 minutes ago, VitZaykoYT said:

The first thing I did was check this box, everything was cleared, the native Linux version should be downloaded

Strange. I just checked my ubuntu install, perfectly native. And even if your game was downloaded as a proton game, it should have run with proton just as well as with the native version. If it didn't even use proton then your steam seems to be very confused about the platform it is running on

No issues on Debian either.

From what I could discover, this has been a known issue on Arch Linux for about six months now. Steam has two tickets still open on the issue. It isn't just 7 Days that is affected either, a number of other titles has been reported.

People have reported that ticking the box for "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool" twice in the properties can fix it temporarily. 

It is supposedly fixed in the current Beta branch of Steam, but I am not installing Arch to test it out. I've run into too many people that have had issues with Arch because of the customizations they have made in the code for that version.