Update the Hardware Requirements to Have Real Data

SylenThunder

Currently the requirements are listed as follows.

Minimum Recommended
OS Windows 7 or higher (64-bit) Windows 7 or higher (64-bit)
CPU 2.8 Ghz Quad Core 3.2 Ghz Quad Core or faster
RAM 8 GB RAM 12 GB RAM
GPU 2 GB Dedicated Memory 4 GB Dedicated Memory
Storage 15 GB available space 15 GB available space

This information is extremely vague, and misleading. It has resulted in a large number of people thinking their archaic hardware would be OK to run the game, and then ending up extremely disappointed in their purchase.

I would suggest that since this game is primarily CPU-bound and relies a lot on quick disk access and RAM, that the hardware requirement be updated to be a LOT more specific. Much like 90% of the other games on Steam list theirs.

I'm going to throw some stuff here as an example. This is based mostly on my own testing and people I have assisted in the past.

Minimum Recommended
OS Windows 10 or higher (64-bit) Windows 11
CPU Intel Core i5-6600, or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Intel Core i7-8700, or AMD Ryzen 5 3700x
RAM 8-12GB* 16GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB
or AMD Radeon R7 360 2 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
or AMD Radeon RX 570 8 GB
Storage 15 GB available space 15GB available SSD, and OS/save on SSD

*Note that if you do not have the recommended GPU, you will need to have more RAM to compensate.

I find the CPU requirements to be vague. An "Intel Core i5-6600" has several properties to compare to other CPUs.

It is 3.3 GHz, has 4 Cores, is a 6th generation CPU, and an "Average CPU Mark" of 6,046.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-6600+%40+3.30GHz&id=2594

My 10-year old work computer at the office is an Intel Core i5-4570, 3.2 Ghz, 4 Cores, 4th generation, and a benchmark of 5,224. It looks really close, but it would struggle mightily with 7d2d.

Somebody will look at an i7-6600U and conclude an i7 beats an i5, and be completely wrong. The "U" version is low-power, so 2.6 GHz, 2 Cores, 6th generation, and a benchmark of 3,443. But hey, it only draws 15W instead of the 65W of the i5 you list.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

It used to be that you could easily know what CPU is better based on the name.  These days, there are so many versions of each iteration that you need to research everything to have any idea.  It is the same with GPUs these days as well.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)