land claim blocks

do land claim blocks take damage over time? i have a base i used a lcb on and i almost never spend time there. the block was placed on the roof where no random mob would stumble upon it and the little im there there have been no vultures.  i came back to my base to find all the zombies that i removed had respawned inside and when i investigated the lcb it was damaged to the point it had no hp left

Did you place additional land claim blocks down?  0 HP sounds like that is what happened.  Depending on your server settings, you can only place so many blocks down before it destroys a previous block that was placed.

• 2 weeks later...

Was there a long period of time between game sessions where you didn't play for days? Like Gamida mentioned, there is a "Claim Duration" setting in the game settings that is set to 7 days by default, this is based on real life time. So for example if you are on day 3 in game and don't play that save for two weeks, it will be a broken LCB when you log back on 2 weeks later, even though it's still day 3 in your game.