Tree Environment mod(A21.2)

Blue mame

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 12:05 AM, François said:
Hello,
great mod but I was wondering why when I sow the seeds, the plants don't grow and if it was possible to change that?

Oh, I'll check to see if the bug exists, but most likely a new version will be released in A22!

Edited by Blue mame (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2024 at 4:47 AM, Blue mame said:

Oh, I'll check to see if the bug exists, but most likely a new version will be released in A22!

How is the work going for updating to 1.0/A22?  Looking forward to trying this in 1.0.  :)

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

How is the work going for updating to 1.0/A22?  Looking forward to trying this in 1.0.  :)

Since version 1.0 is all about fixing the server being attacked by malformed data thing, it's not moving yet

• 2 weeks later...

Ya this mod still works in 1.0 and I love it. I made some changes that I made certain trees more common and dense so thanks to your mod my forest looks so much more realistic and alike compared to vanilla. This is something what TFP should think about so this is more close to legacy console and A16 feel where whole world used to look little more alike. It is so much more fun to explore and wander when the world looks beautiful so thanks to you, the Dashuimage.thumb.png.70065be4c93b297e39be0503f57555b0.png's tree mod is amazing.

7dtdscreenshot282024 (2).png

7dtdscreenshot282024 (3).png

7dtdscreenshot282024 (4).png

7dtdscreenshot282024 (5).png

7dtdscreenshot282024 (6).png

Edited by ChaseNum
fixed and returned the "locked/disappeared" pics and added some more pics (see edit history)

tested this out and it looks great, I especially appreciate wind affects these trees during a storm with 44 wind value the desert looked so much better with these additions and removal of maple garbage. 

22 hours ago, joshwa0816 said:

tested this out and it looks great, I especially appreciate wind affects these trees during a storm with 44 wind value the desert looked so much better with these additions and removal of maple garbage. 

You'll find better environment trees in v1.0, which has now increased to 200 shapes and will come with environment plants  LOL

On 8/3/2024 at 3:25 AM, ChaseNum said:

Ya this mod still works in 1.0 and I love it. I made some changes that I made certain trees more common and dense so thanks to your mod my forest looks so much more realistic and alike compared to vanilla. This is something what TFP should think about so this is more close to legacy console and A16 feel where whole world used to look little more alike. It is so much more fun to explore and wander when the world looks beautiful so thanks to you, the Dashu's tree mod is amazing.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Are the last three pictures the recommended tree shapes? I can't view them, they are blocked

1 hour ago, Blue mame said:

You'll find better environment trees in v1.0, which has now increased to 200 shapes and will come with environment plants  LOL

Are the last three pictures the recommended tree shapes? I can't view them, they are blocked

Ya I noticed the pics disappeared for some reason. I reuploaded them with some new ones so they should now be visible. I made some changes to density so in my worlds the forest looks a lot better and realistic than vanilla thanks to the tree environment mod.

In my worlds the forest is a lot more similar to Finland's forest for example since I am from Finland so I really appreciate well detailed terrain and world. It is much more fun to explore, travel and drive around with vehicles when the world looks more beautiful thanks to the mods that can make that happen like the Dashu's Trees mod (Tree Environment mod). The world used to look decent back in Alpha 16 and still on legacy console but The Fun Pimps decided to make the world look a lot worse for some reason in newer versions no offense. The POIs are great even in Vanilla mode but the terrain and forest needs A LOT of improvement. Luckily it can be pretty much fixed with mods for now.

Edited by ChaseNum (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Blue mame said:

Looking forward to that!  😁

9 hours ago, ChaseNum said:

Ya I noticed the pics disappeared for some reason. I reuploaded them with some new ones so they should now be visible. I made some changes to density so in my worlds the forest looks a lot better and realistic than vanilla thanks to the tree environment mod.

In my worlds the forest is a lot more similar to Finland's forest for example since I am from Finland so I really appreciate well detailed terrain and world. It is much more fun to explore, travel and drive around with vehicles when the world looks more beautiful thanks to the mods that can make that happen like the Dashu's Trees mod (Tree Environment mod). The world used to look decent back in Alpha 16 and still on legacy console but The Fun Pimps decided to make the world look a lot worse for some reason in newer versions no offense. The POIs are great even in Vanilla mode but the terrain and forest needs A LOT of improvement. Luckily it can be pretty much fixed with mods for now.

Dude, you're doing amazing things, and it's making the whole of nature explorable!

To anyone who also wants dense forest into their world to make the forest look more alike it is easy to do so simply change the probs value in the tree scripts in the biomes.xml. The prob attribute determines the rarity and density of the plants and trees. I can share some pics what it looks like. However having more trees may affects FPS a bit but in my experience it image.thumb.png.df2c26f421a2035efafd315f3f3b5642.pngreally does not much only a little. Hopefully this helps!image.thumb.png.0ac4487e3da4ac0d91e3bc421d94ffb7.png

And the prob can be changed on any tree and plant so it is up to ya what trees and plants you want more in your world.

I set Norway Spruce, birch/aspen trees and Pines the most common in my worlds because I live in Finland and I love to have Finnish like nature there so conifers and other northern trees have been set the most common. Norway Spruce is the most common one in my worlds since it has the best look of the mix of spruce and finnish pines in my opinion. :P

21 hours ago, ChaseNum said:

How much of a performance hit do you take in increasing the density of vegetation and the trees?

56 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

How much of a performance hit do you take in increasing the density of vegetation and the trees?

Not fully sure but it seems very small which is good. I also often play in one server that does not have this mod and the performance doesn't really seem to differ. I know one thing that player planted trees from seeds cause a big performance hit and this is also a long known issue but trees and plants placed by the game/world generator or when player places a non growing tree the performance situation is a lot better and really does not affect but I am not fully sure about the density affecting the performance but if it does, so far it has been minimal or really small.

Edited by ChaseNum (see edit history)

1 hour ago, ChaseNum said:

Not fully sure but it seems very small which is good. I also often play in one server that does not have this mod and the performance doesn't really seem to differ. I know one thing that player planted trees from seeds cause a big performance hit and this is also a long known issue but trees and plants placed by the game/world generator or when player places a non growing tree the performance situation is a lot better and really does not affect but I am not fully sure about the density affecting the performance but if it does, so far it has been minimal or really small.

Didn't know about player-planted vegetation causing significant performance hits. Good to know though, I'll have to try out your XML edits.

12 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Didn't know about player-planted vegetation causing significant performance hits. Good to know though, I'll have to try out your XML edits.

It will have an impact, but the latest 1.0 version I optimized it significantly

On 8/10/2024 at 8:50 PM, ChaseNum said:

To anyone who also wants dense forest into their world to make the forest look more alike it is easy to do so simply change the probs value in the tree scripts in the biomes.xml. The prob attribute determines the rarity and density of the plants and trees. I can share some pics what it looks like. However having more trees may affects FPS a bit but in my experience it image.thumb.png.df2c26f421a2035efafd315f3f3b5642.pngreally does not much only a little. Hopefully this helps!image.thumb.png.0ac4487e3da4ac0d91e3bc421d94ffb7.png

And the prob can be changed on any tree and plant so it is up to ya what trees and plants you want more in your world.

I set Norway Spruce, birch/aspen trees and Pines the most common in my worlds because I live in Finland and I love to have Finnish like nature there so conifers and other northern trees have been set the most common. Norway Spruce is the most common one in my worlds since it has the best look of the mix of spruce and finnish pines in my opinion. 😛

At first I was going to do a large spread, but it got in the way of the FPS, so I didn't do it, and with the latest 1.0 I've optimized it to do a large spread very well

On 4/5/2024 at 7:00 AM, Khayotik said:

to fix your blur type this in the console gfx st budget 0

Thank you ca works all right, but you have to type the command every time once in game

Possible to enter this parameter with this launch?