Zombie refuse to walk

Feycat

On 12/21/2023 at 8:00 PM, Riamus said:

Zombies have a rage mode that can randomly occur.  This overrides any setting for walk, run, sprint.

Even when they haven't been hit? Because a lot of our wandering hordes include ferals that are considerably faster than the other zombies - and it's totally random who is doing it, but the lady zombies are the biggest offenders

On 12/28/2023 at 7:44 PM, Feycat said:

Even when they haven't been hit? Because a lot of our wandering hordes include ferals that are considerably faster than the other zombies - and it's totally random who is doing it, but the lady zombies are the biggest offenders

I have heard people say it is triggered when they are hit, but I've seen it regularly when they first spot you, so I don't think it is only limited to being hit.  Besides, except right at the very beginning of the game, you are likely killing zombies or knocking them down after one hit, so limiting it to being hit makes it pretty pointless.  Having it trigger when they see you makes more sense to me.

Zombies are going to have variations in speeds, even if you set everything to walk only

From the zombie template:

<property name="MaxTurnSpeed" value="250"/>
    <property name="MoveSpeed" value="0.08"/> <!-- Just shambling around -->
    <property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="0.2, 1.25"/> <!-- Chasing a target min/max (like day or night)-->
    <property name="MoveSpeedRand" value="-.2, .25"/> <!-- Rand added to min aggro speed -->
    <property name="MoveSpeedPanic" value="0.55"/>

Feral Arlene's move speed properties:

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="0.6, 1.45"/> <!-- slim, feral -->