A21 Crafting Menu disappears

Lumpus

Is there a fix or workaround yet for the crafting inventory menu disappearing yet? I'll be playing a game normally (and not adding new mods) and suddenly the crafting menu will be gone. This has happened to me a LOT, about every 3-5 hours of play - bug happens in vanilla, DF and Wasteland.

Having Steam verify files doesn't seem to work. Deleting Mod folder and slowly readding mods a few at a time 'might' work for a little while, then bug returns. Eventually, game become unplayable. Re-Restarted new games five times in the last week after completely wiping 7d2d directories and reinstalling each time - same bug problem

Deleted ALL mods (except those required for Wasteland)... worked briefly, then all craft menu options gone again.

/unplayable until fixed

Edited by Lumpus
update (see edit history)

You are talking as if this were a known bug. But is it known to TFP? i.e. on their bug list?

If not, is it possible that it is only happening to you? Or have you heard of others having the same problem?

If only happening to you, is it possibly because of a mod? You said it happens in vanilla too. But did you really start a new vanilla game to test it? Or did you just delete the mods in your current game (as you explained in the second paragraph) and expected it to be vanilla now? Hint: It isn't the same. Removing mods can even break previously well-working games.

8 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Is there a fix or workaround yet for the crafting inventory menu disappearing yet?

Upload your output log to pastebin and post the link here. We don't "fix" mod problems as they are not bugs, however,

with more info, someone may be able to help you.