Hells_Janitor

3 hours ago, chikuwa said:

The mod is currently NOT WORKING for any multiplayer saves.

What does this mean? We are thinking of an open multi-server where you can play with this mod. Are there any problems?

Unfortunately, there is a fundamental issue with a core feature of the mod which is currently bugged in all multiplayer environments.

I am working on a fix, but it needs more testing before it can be released.

Sorry.

28 Alphas Later, now updated to v1.2!!

Version 1.2 now live! 

Changelog:

1. The mod is now supported in peer-to-peer and dedicated server multiplayer games.

2. Despair system has a complete rework (feedback is encouraged)

3. Additional recipes

4. Hoe now added to trader stock & loot.

5. Rebalanced recipes for farm plots, and for fertilizer required to till the ground.

6. Reworked the zombie "boomers"

7. Slightly increased ammo in loot.

8. Removed the workbench/tool requirement for chicken coops and beehives. They can now be crafted in your inventory, but you need a repair tool in your inventory.

9. Rebalanced the amount hunger and thirst affect your despair.

10. The liquid nitrogen mod now has a DoT effect, as well as its slow effect.

11. Being in close proximity to zombies now affects your despair. The stronger the zombie, the worse the effect.

12. Two additional food recipes added - Tramp and vagabond stew. Basic recipes, no unlock required. A use for early game cat/dog food, but still needs a cooking pot.

13. Custom mesh files for some food/drink/candy (thanks Schrader :) )

Edited by Hells_Janitor
additional change (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Update - pushed a fix for an unexpected NRE when fat zombies explode.

Should be save-game safe :)

One more update - hopefully fixed the NRE from boomers zombies (finally), and fixed the stacking issue with torches.

Once again, should be save game safe :)

Update: 20/01/24
Added: Random walk types to zombies
Changed: Lowered block damage from bunker busters 25%
Removed: Cigar crafting, replaced with eyewear/facewear mod crafting.
Fixed: Dye is scrappable again.
Increased zombie night spawns for every biome.

Various other small tweaks, balances and localization changes :) 

Hells_Janitor, this mod is near-perfection!  I'm so glad I gave it a try.  You've literally changed the game in every way I knew I wanted and in some I'd never thought of.  I wanted to give you some feedback - I hope its helpful.  Just one person's perspective and certainly not critiques...

Despair Feedback:  Have you ever watched ALONE?  There's this consistent thing where really great survivalists leave the show early - because they are thriving.  The loneliness and emptiness of their surroundings doesn't weigh heavy on them until they've stopped scrambling for essentials (shelter, water, food) and started carving spoons and making chairs and instruments.  

Early game is already tough - I felt like despair was just an unavoidable death mechanism before I had a headlight b/c I refuse to stand at a campfire all night long.  So I flipped your values for despair and health - as your health advances, so does your despair.  I'm finding it interesting - I have to keep an eye on it but its not wrecking my early game so much.  You could give folks some lavender oil in their starter kits too - if other feedback is that despair is too hard early on.

Fatties Are Boomers:  I like the adrenaline and challenge this poses, but I like to conserve ammo and pre-chemistry station, I find it very frustrating that they get knocked down and I cannot seem to melee-hit them in the head.  Sometimes its the space they are in.  If they are coming downstairs and that timer starts, its hopeless - they are taller and their head sits back too far on their shoulders - you can't melee.  I'm trying it out in my playthru with a negative requirement for "copbufftimer" on knockdown to minimize this frustration.

Headshots only:  maybe remove dogs and vultures from this.  Vulture heads are so small and dogs are tough enough (maybe that's just my refusal to use ammo early game). 

You really made for a challenging game.  I have a personal modlet that makes all quests harder (so if you pre-clear a quest POI then do the quest, its harder the second go) - I'm loving it with you mod.  The mutated have quite the health jump and regeneration rate - when they first appeared, I could barely kill one.  Do they get tougher the more you hit them?  Seems to punish a conservative approach (like kiting and using arrows or melee).  They became easier to kill though after I advanced a few levels but it was a shock how soon I was seeing boss-type zeds all over during the nights.

8 hours ago, jdog said:

Early game is already tough - I felt like despair was just an unavoidable death mechanism before I had a headlight b/c I refuse to stand at a campfire all night long.  So I flipped your values for despair and health - as your health advances, so does your despair.  I'm finding it interesting - I have to keep an eye on it but its not wrecking my early game so much.  You could give folks some lavender oil in their starter kits too - if other feedback is that despair is too hard early on.

It's one of the reasons I gave a flashlight in the starter bag. Holding the flashlight has the same effect as the helmet light mod - the only drawback is, you gotta hold it. (torches are the same). I did consider making Despair increase as level increases, so you're never really ahead of it, but for now, I think I'll leave it as-is (although I appreciate the suggestion :) )

8 hours ago, jdog said:

Fatties Are Boomers:  I like the adrenaline and challenge this poses, but I like to conserve ammo and pre-chemistry station, I find it very frustrating that they get knocked down and I cannot seem to melee-hit them in the head.  Sometimes its the space they are in.  If they are coming downstairs and that timer starts, its hopeless - they are taller and their head sits back too far on their shoulders - you can't melee.  I'm trying it out in my playthru with a negative requirement for "copbufftimer" on knockdown to minimize this frustration.

Yeah - it's a problem in some situations. The "fatties" tend to have a much "higher on their head" hitbox to the other zeds, so there are definitely situations where it becomes "tricky" to hit the head. All adds to the challenge though, don't you think? 😛 

8 hours ago, jdog said:

Headshots only:  maybe remove dogs and vultures from this.  Vulture heads are so small and dogs are tough enough (maybe that's just my refusal to use ammo early game). 

I have removed vultures needing headshots in the latest patch, but I'm gonna keep dogs for now. I didn't want to start making too many "exceptions to the rule" if you know what I mean.

8 hours ago, jdog said:

Hells_Janitor, this mod is near-perfection!  I'm so glad I gave it a try.  You've literally changed the game in every way I knew I wanted and in some I'd never thought of

I'm delighted to hear you're having fun with it :) 

Hi there,

As I said on twitch it's great mod , really enjoy playing it.

Last night we continued our multi Player game on a server and noticed that the despair % are little bit off between the two of us . Friends % was always between 20-30% while my % was always between 60-70%.

Both of us had No injuries , tier 2 and 3 food and plenty of lavendel consumed.

I know there are some multiplayer issues but just a quick heads up 

6 hours ago, redviking000 said:

Hi there,

As I said on twitch it's great mod , really enjoy playing it.

Last night we continued our multi Player game on a server and noticed that the despair % are little bit off between the two of us . Friends % was always between 20-30% while my % was always between 60-70%.

Both of us had No injuries , tier 2 and 3 food and plenty of lavendel consumed.

I know there are some multiplayer issues but just a quick heads up 

Are you playing the latest version of the mod?

1 hour ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Are you playing the latest version of the mod?

Yeah 1.2

Took three lithium pills out of the CM we are currently playing and the despair % went down from 70 to just 30% within 75 minutes of play. Always well on food and drinks 

8 hours ago, redviking000 said:

Yeah 1.2

Took three lithium pills out of the CM we are currently playing and the despair % went down from 70 to just 30% within 75 minutes of play. Always well on food and drinks 

Gonna be hard to troubleshoot this (if it is an issue). There are a number of factors that can increase despair, and it can be easy to let it get out of control if you're not careful. Not having a light source active (especially at night - even more so if you're not indoors), having over 80% "wetness", being freezing, sweltering, hungry, thirsty (both at the same time is bad), getting hit by zombies, being in close proximity to zombies, being injured - all of these things, individually and combined, have a negative effect on Despair.

Hello,

I thought I posted this on the 21st, but can't find what I typed up.  But  now that the mod is working, my friend and I played together and are really enjoying the challenges of this mod.  Only issue we had was with 'despair'.  We can't seem to keep it down, even when staying near a fire, being sheltered and eating food.  We see the campfire buff, but it didn't lower the despair or hold it at bay, just kept rising.  I've died once from it already and will soon die from it again.

Hello again,

Despair is now working properly for me and my friend.  A new question I have is about adding modlets to your mod.  We tried to add Khaine's Lockable Slots.  We tried manually installing it and tried using 7ModLauncher to install it, but it is not working.  Is there something we need to do to have these few additions working.  Other than about adding some additional mods, we are enjoying the new challenges, especially restarting again with your latest update.

Edited by Hell-Fire (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello again,

Despair is now working properly for me and my friend.  A new question I have is about adding modlets to your mod.  We tried to add Khaine's Lockable Slots.  We tried manually installing it and tried using 7ModLauncher to install it, but it is not working.  Is there something we need to do to have these few additions working.  Other than about adding some additional mods, we are enjoying the new challenges, especially restarting again with your latest update.

I'm glad you managed to figure out the Despair mechanic, but I'm genuinely curious - why would you want to add Khaine's Lockable slots? Not that there's anything wrong with that mod, but:

1. There's already a lockable slots mod included with this mod, and

2. Khaine's mod is the same as the one that's been implemented in vanilla (so effectively obsolete in A21)

If you really prefer the vanilla method, you can remove WMMStashBackpack from the files, and then the vanilla version should work just fine. If you do that, obviously you'll lose some of the additional functionality that comes with that mod, like the stash all button.

Hello again just cheking in too say agin how much i love this mod this ,melee relly working for me its like my playstile on vanlila too, so starting level 5 missions now( clering level 4 now whit no shots fired just my knuckles) so agin thanks for this mod so much moore of a challangs.

4 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello,

I was using that as an example.  The mod that my friend and I would want to use the "craft from containers" .  

I cannot definitively state which mods will work with mine and which won't. You'll just have to try them and see :) 

Updated to version 1.2.2. Changes:

Update: 03/02/24
lowered probability for Blessed Metal in loot.
removed "spider" walk type for all bipedal zombies
tweaked upgrade material counts to match crafting quantities
reworked crafting speed bonus for anvil and bellows
changed screen effect for NVG (credit: Khaine)
reworked dew collectors (doubled collection speed).
reworked advanced filter - halves collection speed, and is cheaper to buy.
added rain catcher - uses an empty bucket to collect rainwater.
added a visible UI element to show when the player is warm, sheltered, and well-lit.
torches and candles now give the campfire buff (slightly smaller radius than the campfire).
Frozen zombie variant movement speed re-adjusted.
Added new respawn protection buff. 2 minutes of radiation immunity.
Lowered zombie animal counts in the wasteland.
POI Farmplots can now be "upgraded" to plantable, with a hoe and fertilizer.
Red's Legendary Paintbrush added.
Brass Catcher mod added for 9mm, 7.62mm, and .44 caliber firearms. Returns 50% of ammo casings.
Mutated "grunts" HP lowered considerably.
Rotten flesh removed from hobo stew recipe.
Farm plot fertilizer requirements lowered.
Trader quest addendum added (credit: CautiousPancake)
Poison debuff reworked. Now lasts 7 days, all attributes lowered by one for its duration, 5-second screen effect, and sound reminder at random intervals.
Despair mitigation added to Charismatic Nature (for multiplayer games). Each point in Charismatic Nature reduces how despair affects allies and party members.

Should be save game safe, but as always, back up your save, just in case :) 

Mutated "grunts" HP lowered considerably, so yes i did not have a problem whit them before, how about to keep the HP and make it higer and make them walk insted, thay will be like a giant of doom insted. Like i did have a fight whit one of the Graze pigs not on carls corna and bobs boar, but it was awsome 5000 HP and only headshot on a level 3 misson it was scary not gona lye but in the end after i killed it, the felling after was amazing. 

2 hours ago, Dragon Reborn said:

Mutated "grunts" HP lowered considerably, so yes i did not have a problem whit them before, how about to keep the HP and make it higer and make them walk insted, thay will be like a giant of doom insted. Like i did have a fight whit one of the Graze pigs not on carls corna and bobs boar, but it was awsome 5000 HP and only headshot on a level 3 misson it was scary not gona lye but in the end after i killed it, the felling after was amazing. 

The "tough" mutated zombies still have a big HP pool, I lowered the "normal" mutated zombies HP pool for scaling purposes. It's now more in line with the vanilla HP increase from normal, to feral, to radiated.

Adding a "giant of doom" that has a huge HP pool and only walks is a fun idea though :) 

On 16.01.2024 at 13:59, Hells_Janitor said:

28 альф спустя, теперь обновлено до версии 1.2!!

Версия 1.2 уже доступна! 

Список изменений:

1. Мод теперь поддерживается в многопользовательских играх с одноранговой сетью и выделенным сервером.

2. Система отчаяния полностью переработана (обратная связь приветствуется)

3. Дополнительные рецепты

4. Мотыга теперь добавлена в инвентарь и добычу торговца.

5. Перебалансированы рецепты для фермерских участков и удобрений, необходимых для обработки земли.

6. Переработаны зомби-"бумеры"

7. Немного увеличен боезапас в луте.

8. Удалены требования к верстаку/инструментам для курятников и ульев. Теперь их можно создать в вашем инвентаре, но вам понадобится инструмент для ремонта в вашем инвентаре.

9. Изменен баланс влияния голода и жажды на ваше отчаяние.

10. Мод жидкого азота теперь имеет эффект DoT, а также его эффект замедления.

11. Нахождение в непосредственной близости от зомби теперь влияет на ваше отчаяние. Чем сильнее зомби, тем хуже эффект.

12. Добавлены два дополнительных рецепта еды - Бродяга и Тушеное мясо бродяги. Базовые рецепты, разблокировка не требуется. Подходит для корма для кошек и собак на ранней стадии игры, но для приготовления пищи все еще требуется кастрюля.

13. Пользовательские файлы сеток для еды/напитков/конфет (спасибо Шрейдеру :) )

Хотел спросить при установки его на стороне сервера клиентам не надо будет скачивать?

• 2 weeks later...

Update 18/02/24

various balancing tweaks
Increased mod slots for T2 and T3 armour. Now 2,2,2,3,4,5 for Quality 1,2,3,4,5,6 Leather and Iron, and 3,3,3,4,5,6 for Quality 1,2,3,4,5,6 Military and Steel.
Added "corpse run" buff. After death, you have increased run speed, stamina regen, and damage resistance for 30 seconds.
Increased storage sizes for a few containers. NOTE: You 'may' get a console error when accessing the storage in a CURRENT save. If so, press 'F1', and type xui reload, or you can relog. That should fix it. New saves should be fine.
Added stats display for Red's Legendary Paintbrush.
Reworded its description.
A few more minor localization tweaks.
Added pick-up ability and crafting to several deco blocks/posters/signs/flags.
Added ability to pick up, place and power "cold beer" and "shop open" signs.
Expanded sinks variable helper to include bath tubs.
Expanded appliances variant helper to include wood burning stove.
Added craftable barbed wire variable shape helper block.
Non-specific (generic) repair kits are now more expensive to make.
Specific repair kits can now be made with a generic repair kit and a weapon/tool/armour part as required.
The "smell" mechanic is back! Carrying differing quantities of certain food will increase the heat map, and subsequently alert screamers.

Again, *should* be save game safe (read the note about increased storage sizes though!), but back-up your save, just in case :) 

IMPORTANT!!!!

The "food smell" mechanic is currently NON-FUNCTIONAL in multiplayer. If you plan on using this mod in a multiplayer environment, make sure you remove the `ZZZZ-Food Smell` folder from your SERVER or your HOST.

Clients can keep this folder without issue, but it must NOT be present on the SERVER or the HOST.