Bug Report: Clear quest at Bell Lake. Had to dig down 5m to find quest marker, and no zombies spawned.

NewGuy

Went to a Tier 2 Clear quest at Bell Lake. The quest marker was visible on my compass but did not appear in the area of grass that it should have. From several meters away, you would see a bouncing quest marker that looked like it was underground, but once you got close it would disappear. Moving around and looking at the "Distance to the marker", the closest I could get was 6.2 meters. I finally decided to just try digging down at that point, and sure enough, I discovered the quest marker 5m below ground. When I clicked it, I teleported to ground level, the hole I just dug was no longer there, and no zombies spawned at all, so I had to quit the quest.

On 12/3/2023 at 12:33 AM, NewGuy said:

I've done all I'm willing to do for no compensation. I'll let you all who get paid to work on this game take it further if you want to.

The reason they ask you to fill out the bug report is that only you have all the details of this issue occurring in your playthrough.  It is also a standardized form that they created to ensure the right questions are asked and the right information is provided back.  Without it, they could spin their wheels trying to create a situation that may only be unique on your setup.

There was a bug report for Bell Lake POI, but that had to do with the name of the POI in the trader dialog.  There hasn't been any reported issues with the quest marker.  Even some online videos I saw showed the quest marker working fine in other players' games for this POI

Most people want to assist in tracking down bugs in the game and point the QA testers / Development team in the right direction without having to be compensated for it.

I can say that I've done that POI maybe about 5 times in the past week and haven't run into problems.  I haven't actually had a broken quest marker in A21, though I would have them occasionally in A20.  As pointed out, without details, such as a log, no one can help you.  There are just way too many possible causes.