Reset quests

Ornias

2 things to consider. 

1. there are no higher tier POIs near you.  If you want closer quests, choose from the lower tier quests available. Or you can move your base to an area with higher tier POIs.

2. Exit the game and load back in.  You will have a new selection of quests.(if you have developer mode on, you can actually reset the quests when talking to a trader.

When you're picking jobs from the trader, you can scroll back through the previous tiers of jobs to look for something nearer. That said you might as well uplift and move to a big city and start over with the resident trader there - it's as good as starting fresh but with a boost. It's good to be ranked up with each of the traders as they all have their specialities. Then as you approach the bigger jobs you'll be automatically in the vicinity.

It's part of the game I enjoy where I can mine and build very quickly, throwing together a unique base just outside the big city or right at zero-zero (the center of the map).  

I'm fairly sure that since the last Alpha, traders attempt to avoid offering a quest again until they've offered all the other quests of that tier within their range. That tends to make quest distances go up rapidly once you've done all the nearby quests of a particular tier.

I believe the quest list resets every three days, when the trader resets their inventory.

So you can reset the quests offered list just by logging out and back in, but you may find you still only get long distance quests (because you've done all the close ones) until the trader does their three day reset.