A21 and super corn uses

NekoPawtato

I'm curious how people use super corn in A21 compared to previous alphas. I've noticed I no longer bother with it anymore. My main uses for it before were Glue and Learning Elixirs. But with the recipe changes for Glue I find water being more of a bottleneck and I usually have plenty of bones that swapping bones out for super corn doesn't really help. With the drink vending machines there's is always a good chance of a learning elixir being sold there (sometimes multiple ones!) to the point that I also don't need to craft them. Which just leaves Grandpas Moonshine (which I never use) and Grandpas Awesome Sauce (which I also don't use since I never really have issues with money by the time I get super corn)

For anyone still using super corn, what kinds of things do you personally choose to craft with them? And if you used to use them in previous alphas but not anymore, what made you decide to stop?

I'm currently the farmer for a 5 person multiplayer server.   With the size of the group I have, super corn and glue are pretty much used interchangeably.   I've seen us go through glue like it's going out of style and I've seen us run through as much as 500 in 8 hours, averaging around 350 ish when times are slow.   My people practically drink it out of the carton.   I sometimes have issue of running out of cloth if I don't remind them to scrap every bit of clothing they find out from savage countries and laundromats.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

Maxxed out Living off the Land combined with Super Corn is good money.
Each ear of Super Corn is base value of $40 each so if you make a field of super corn you are literally growing money.

Max Better Barter ups them to $50 each. You factor in all of the Trading perks and it goes up to $68 each.

That's probably the best use for it in the early to mid game.

It is still a more efficient dukes value to craft your own Grandpa's Learnin' Elixir & Awesome Sauce (this being after getting Wasteland Treasures Vol. 1 so all trees drop honey) than buying it from vending machines so that's a bonus.

I agree on the Glue... bones are way more efficient because you can get them literally from anywhere on the map.
But in multiplayer you need all you can get for glue to duct tape for repair kits so it still has value in that regard for glue.

Edited by RStarphoenix (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

I sometimes have issue of running out of cloth if I don't remind them to scrap every bit of clothing they find out from savage countries and laundromats.

I know this isn't part of what the OP asked for ...but since cotton is more valuable now because of this, have you thought of making a cotton farm alongside your super corn farm? It would supplement your cloth needs especially if everyone isn't helping to farm all the grass for you to make cloth via fiber.

21 hours ago, RStarphoenix said:

I know this isn't part of what the OP asked for ...but since cotton is more valuable now because of this, have you thought of making a cotton farm alongside your super corn farm? It would supplement your cloth needs especially if everyone isn't helping to farm all the grass for you to make cloth via fiber.

My current farm is a series of 12x12 farms that virtually take up an entire parking structure, and that's not nothing.   The issue is, it takes an entire growth cycle to support the cotton and then process it.   Meanwhile a tier 3 or 4 savage country can produce several stacks of cloth just from scrapping the clothes alone in a matter of 10 minutes with my group.   The cotton I often produce is supplemental to what we already gather passively, which isn't much on its own.    The looters/salvagers in my group do not often consider cloth to be a priority during large POI raids, in favour of high value items for dukes.  So, periodically I will poke one or two of them to ransack a place that can get it to us in bulk.