Screamer Spawn

Diragor

Hey I've been trying to play A21 for a while and At some point it started that I permanently get screamer spawn. Like TRULY permanent. I kill her, kill the zombies not even a minute later the next one spawns. And that is all day and night. I can't play anymore. I am not even doing anythign heatmap related. No cooking, no forging, no mining...I just place blocks and kill with meele only. HOW are there so many screamer spawning? is that wanted? because I am on Day 58 (60 min days) and I don't even have electricity and still only cobblestone walls because I can't find time to do anything because of those screamers.

seriously @%$# this game currently -.- I constantly die to those fcking screamer hordes. Mostly because of this stupid zombie crawl animation -.- it is constantly switching between standing and crawling and that sucks hardcore because there is no inbetween anymaation just an instant pop to the other positioning -.-

If you have admin rights, you can enable DM and hit f8 twice, they added something now that lists the last 10 heat events with coordinates of the source, hopefully that can help you narrow down what exactly is causing all those screamers

b5KQYGy.png

The names might not be right though, as I noticed dew collectors and workstations are considered "campfires"

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

9 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

If you have admin rights, you can enable DM and hit f8 twice, they added something now that lists the last 10 heat events with coordinates of the source, hopefully that can help you narrow down what exactly is causing all those screamers

b5KQYGy.png

The names might not be right though, as I noticed dew collectors and workstations are considered "campfires"

I Will check that...

7 hours ago, Roland said:

Go set up an outpost near one of your other traders and spend a few days away. See if the screamers follow you to your next area. If they do, then there is probably a bug.

Whenever I try doing quests I get screamers after a short while...and I fight meele all time. So there might be a bug. I will try it again after work

On 9/24/2023 at 11:16 PM, NekoPawtato said:

b5KQYGy.png

Well I checked and it seems placing a hell lot of torches in my big base is the problem. Damn I hope lamps won't have this problem :o

Wait, torches generate heat? Ha, never knew that!

In a recent game I actually had it go weird on me where Screamer hordes just... stopped spawning. Dunno if it was bad RNG or what, but I did fire up every workstation I had (around 8 - dew barrels were off-site) a couple times just to try and attract some when I got bored.