Trader Missions

Natasha

You get the new trade route mission when you complete a tier.

You also get a 2nd round of rewards (so reward for the last quest, and then the bonus reward for finishing the tier).

You won't get the next tier missions until the next day though. Also that only counts for that trader (although all instances, so every trader Bob on the map if it was for trader Bob) and so the new trader you go see will only give you tier 1 if it is a different trader.

To clarify further, it really comes down to points and you need to complete a certain number of points to move on to the next tier quest line. It breaks down like this:

• Tier 1 Line: 7 points to complete, 1 point per T1 quest
  • Tier 2 Line: 14 points to complete, 2 points per T2 quest
  • Tier 3 Line: 21 points to complete, 3 points per T3 quest
  • Tier 4 Line: 28 points to complete, 4 points per T4 quest
  • Tier 5 Line: 35 points to complete, 5 points per T5 quest
  • Tier 6 Line: 42 points to complete, 6 points per T6 quest

The math works out so that you need to complete at minimum 7 quests to complete a tier line (as long as those quests are of the same tier level as the current quest line you are on). Since all you need is the total number of points, you can technically complete lower-tier quests and those points will go toward your current line. For example, if you complete tier 1 line, you can do 14 additional tier 1 quests and you will complete tier 2 line; or do 2 x t5s, 4 x t4s, and 3 x t3s (which would add up to 35 points) to complete tier 5 line.

Why would anyone do that? It really depends on what you are looking for. Quest rewards change based on tier. If you are looking to get forged steel quickly in the early game, completing tier 3 quests is sometimes the better option since 3s are quicker and easier to do than 4s or 5s and there's almost a guaranteed reward option of 25 forged steel. Fetch-only quests also end at tier 3, so if you are looking to complete quests more quickly to complete a higher tier line.

It's been like this as far as I can remember (but I've only played since A19). And as was mentioned before, each time you complete a quest line, you'll get a special job to find a trader. But you do not have to find said trader in order to move on to the next tier. You just have to wait to the next day (or log off then back on) to get offered the next tier of quests.

6 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

To clarify further, it really comes down to points and you need to complete a certain number of points to move on to the next tier quest line. It breaks down like this:

• Tier 1 Line: 7 points to complete, 1 point per T1 quest
  • Tier 2 Line: 14 points to complete, 2 points per T2 quest
  • Tier 3 Line: 21 points to complete, 3 points per T3 quest
  • Tier 4 Line: 28 points to complete, 4 points per T4 quest
  • Tier 5 Line: 35 points to complete, 5 points per T5 quest
  • Tier 6 Line: 42 points to complete, 6 points per T6 quest

The math works out so that you need to complete at minimum 7 quests to complete a tier line (as long as those quests are of the same tier level as the current quest line you are on). Since all you need is the total number of points, you can technically complete lower-tier quests and those points will go toward your current line. For example, if you complete tier 1 line, you can do 14 additional tier 1 quests and you will complete tier 2 line; or do 2 x t5s, 4 x t4s, and 3 x t3s (which would add up to 35 points) to complete tier 5 line.

Why would anyone do that? It really depends on what you are looking for. Quest rewards change based on tier. If you are looking to get forged steel quickly in the early game, completing tier 3 quests is sometimes the better option since 3s are quicker and easier to do than 4s or 5s and there's almost a guaranteed reward option of 25 forged steel. Fetch-only quests also end at tier 3, so if you are looking to complete quests more quickly to complete a higher tier line.

It's been like this as far as I can remember (but I've only played since A19). And as was mentioned before, each time you complete a quest line, you'll get a special job to find a trader. But you do not have to find said trader in order to move on to the next tier. You just have to wait to the next day (or log off then back on) to get offered the next tier of quests.

Wow, good to know.  I had no idea about the point system.  I always figured it was the number of missions.  Thanks.

Something to  note is that you can affect the total points per tier.  In the quests file, you can change the quests per tier value from 7 to anything you want.  I have changed it to 1 when I tested out changes in the past and I think I change it to 10 when I play seriously.

Just to clarify, you do not need to complete the open trade route quests to move to the next tier.  You just need to wait until the next day after completing the tier.

Also, you can go to another location for that trader and start working on the next tier immediately instead of waiting a day if you have one nearby and want to start right away.  But you need to wait until the next day for the same location.

Note that although I know you can do the next tier on the same day at a different location of that trader, I do not know if this works if you were doing quests at that trader location already on the same day you completed the tier or only if you haven't quested there that day yet.  Maybe someone has tested that and can verify it.