New idea for, when you die

Corky4661

3 hours ago, Corky4661 said:

Hey everyone, I was thinking it would be cool that when you die, you become a zombie and wonder around aimlessly... so Instead of dropping your backpack on the ground, you would have to go kill yourself to get your loot back.

This has been suggested several times, but I don't think it's that easy to implement. First of all, the zombie has to at least look like you for it to be believable. If there is a Moe spawning and wandering around, then you see no connection to you. Basically, the Fun Pimps would have to create a zombie model for every player model and that's hardly feasible.

4 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Basically, the Fun Pimps would have to create a zombie model for every player model and that's hardly feasible.

Some shader work to make the player sickly looking, probably somewhat broken versions of each gear set (the new incoming sets).. not all that hard, especially as every player is covered in the armor sets head to toe, but maybe not worth the dev time anyway.

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

Some shader work to make the player sickly looking, probably somewhat broken versions of each gear set (the new incoming sets).. not all that hard, especially as every player is covered in the armor sets head to toe, but maybe not worth the dev time anyway.

Yeah, some kind of decal/tattoo system.

I mean it's kinda neat in PZ to go look for your stuff.

"Well it didn't just get up and walk away. Oh...wait...yes it did"

OTOH death comes much more frequently in PZ