i created a MAP > but NO OIL Marker in DESERT Zone... lol..what iv done

7daysOfFun

i created a MAP > but NO OIL Marker in DESERT Zone... lol..what iv done

only copied houses in prefabs / pois und used the pep exp pack houses (not the mixer) / 10k map

(all other coal/metal and so on is ok, but very poor on the map..only 1:10)

that only thing iv changed is the city size manually from 4 to 10

its ok, so the game is much harder (when i dig for nitrate in the desert i know theres oil too...yes iv found it..in the earth is oil...but not the marking stones (only oil is missing)

im confused...HOW? lol

2.jpg

Edited by 7daysOfFun (see edit history)

Do ores show up in the preview map?  I didn't think they would.

If your issue is with the oil shale rocks on the surface, that is handled by the biomes xml file and that would be the deco_shale_vein prefab.  If anything you loaded up changes that prefab, that would cause issues on your map

<!-- *** Desert: Ore Sub Biome: oilDeposit -->
        <subbiome prob="0.402">
            <layers>
                <layer depth="4" blockname="terrDesertGround"/>
                <layer depth="1" blockname="terrSandStone"> <resource blockname="terrGravel" prob="0.7830" rwgGenerationType="all"/> </layer>
                <layer depth="*" blockname="terrSandStone"> <resource blockname="terrOreOilDeposit" prob="0.6500" rwgGenerationType="all"/> <resource blockname="terrGravel" prob="0.7830" rwgGenerationType="all"/> </layer> <layer depth="1" blockname="terrSandStone"/><layer depth="3" blockname="terrBedrock"/>
            </layers>
            <decorations>
                <decoration type="prefab" name="deco_shale_vein" checkresource="-7" onslopes="true" prob=".00657" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="rockResource" prob=".00033" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="rockResource02" prob=".00033" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeCactus01" prob="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeCactus02" prob="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeCactus03" prob="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeCactus04" prob="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeCactus05" prob="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="rock01" prob=".001" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="rock02" prob=".001" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="rock05" prob=".001" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="cntDesertRandomLootHelper" prob="0.00025"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadPineLeaf" prob="0.020" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="plantedYucca3Harvest" prob="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="plantedAloe3Harvest" rotatemax="3" prob="0.003"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeDesertShrub" prob="0.05" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="driftwood" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="driftwood2" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="driftwood3" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="cntBirdnest" prob="0.001"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="decoCowSkull" prob="0.00025" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeCactus06" prob="0.0009" rotatemax="3"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeBrownGrassDiagonal" prob=".00025"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="plantShrubDead" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob="0.0003" rotatemax="7"/>
                <decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
            </decorations>
        </subbiome>

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Do ores show up in the preview map?  I didn't think they would.

Maybe if you set the resolution to high and zoom in?

AFAIK you would only really see them on the in-game map, and even then it isn't super easy spotting them all the time. Maybe I'll try to copy that seed and head to the desert.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

I've seen maps where oil shale is hard to find on the surface and it isn't the easiest thing to spot on the map as the color isn't much different from the desert color.  I know someone who refilled some of these ore nodes so they are more visible.  I think that is something that would greatly help vanilla maps as well