Bicycle Mods

Weazelsun

I'm sure someone has probably made some of these already. But, here are the mods I'm suggesting for the humble first vehicle, the bicycle.

Lights

Bicycle light: Could be made out of the flashlight and some duct tape for lighting up what's in front of you.

Off-road bicycle light: Made with 4 flashlights and some duct tape for even more lighting!

Storage

Cloth storage: Made with cloth and whatever can be made to stick it to the bicycle. Adds x amount of storage.

Shopping basket storage: Made from crafting or harvesting a shopping basket. Double the storage! Limited to two stacks.

Shopping cart storage: Made from harvesting a shopping cart and other materials. Just imagine that you've somehow managed to jury-rig it to the bicycle. Triple the storage, cannot be stacked, for obvious reasons.

Frames

BMX frame: For when you want to do sick jumps! Increases bunny hopping height when pressing "C"

Cruiser: The seat is so relaxing that now you use less stamina when pressing the sprint key.

Mountain bike: Increased traction on soil, sand, rough terrain in general.

Racing/ Touring: Passive speed increase. 

Cargo: Basically the storage mods above but instead in one package. Cannot be used with other storage mods. 

Motor?

E-Bike conversion: No longer use stamina to sprint on the bicycle! Only downside? Has to be recharged with a battery.

Edited by Weazelsun
Added motor suggestion. (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I like these but many of these mods can be added if we used existing mods like cargo mods, armor, lights, etc 

Overall I like it

Yeah, for some reason in vanilla, the vehicle cargo mods can't be applied to the bicycle. I did find a mod that enables it. But, it is weird that in vanilla, some vehicle mods can't be used on the bicycle. Like the off-road light that is already in game. It can't be put on the bicycle. Even though I feel that it should be able to. 

とてもいいですね、自転車の改造は私も好きなアイデアです。
もっとも、速度を早くするとガソリンいらずで便利すぎるため、今は銀の弾丸を探している最中です。

(google translation)

Very nice, bike modification is one of my favorite ideas.
However, speeding up is too convenient without the need for gasoline, so I'm currently looking for a silver bullet.

On 8/28/2023 at 2:30 AM, Weazelsun said:

Yeah, for some reason in vanilla, the vehicle cargo mods can't be applied to the bicycle. I did find a mod that enables it. But, it is weird that in vanilla, some vehicle mods can't be used on the bicycle. Like the off-road light that is already in game. It can't be put on the bicycle. Even though I feel that it should be able to. 

What sucks is, I don't think ANY of the vanilla vehicle mods can be added onto the bicycle. No extra seating, no vehicle lights. And the other three vehicle mods simply don't apply since the bike uses no fuel.

It'd be nice if they added a vehicle cargo mod, as well as vehicle armor plating mod, but I have a feeling the Fun Pimps won't be so nice.

7 hours ago, Old Crow said:

It'd be nice if they added a vehicle cargo mod, as well as vehicle armor plating mod, but I have a feeling the Fun Pimps won't be so nice.

They showed off the new 4x4 model with mods that were visible on it and one was a plow.  That may be an armor mod, though it could also be for increased damage, though there isn't much needed for that considering it already does a lot of damage.  I doubt any armor mod will be added for the bike, though.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

They showed off the new 4x4 model with mods that were visible on it and one was a plow.  That may be an armor mod, though it could also be for increased damage, though there isn't much needed for that considering it already does a lot of damage.  I doubt any armor mod will be added for the bike, though.

I wish they would give the 4x4 some road clearance.  It's kind of silly that the 4x4 doesn't have any extra clearance.  It gets hung up on the smallest of obstacles.  The motorcycle does "off road" way better than the 4x4, and it's a street bike!

I never really had trouble with the 4x4.  In rare occasions in the wasteland I might get stuck but otherwise it works well.  I just stopped using it entirely with A21 because of the increased damage it takes.  It isn't worth using anymore.

On 8/27/2023 at 4:26 PM, Weazelsun said:

I'm sure someone has probably made some of these already. But, here are the mods I'm suggesting for the humble first vehicle, the bicycle.

Lights

Bicycle light: Could be made out of the flashlight and some duct tape for lighting up what's in front of you.

Off-road bicycle light: Made with 4 flashlights and some duct tape for even more lighting!

Storage

Cloth storage: Made with cloth and whatever can be made to stick it to the bicycle. Adds x amount of storage.

Shopping basket storage: Made from crafting or harvesting a shopping basket. Double the storage! Limited to two stacks.

Shopping cart storage: Made from harvesting a shopping cart and other materials. Just imagine that you've somehow managed to jury-rig it to the bicycle. Triple the storage, cannot be stacked, for obvious reasons.

Frames

BMX frame: For when you want to do sick jumps! Increases bunny hopping height when pressing "C"

Cruiser: The seat is so relaxing that now you use less stamina when pressing the sprint key.

Mountain bike: Increased traction on soil, sand, rough terrain in general.

Racing/ Touring: Passive speed increase. 

Cargo: Basically the storage mods above but instead in one package. Cannot be used with other storage mods. 

Motor?

E-Bike conversion: No longer use stamina to sprint on the bicycle! Only downside? Has to be recharged with a battery.

update-from-the-pimps-v0-tk9z9dhjl9lb1.png