Spawn near backpack not working properly - Tools/Weapons not in hands when in use (with photo & video proof)

Rabbitslovecactus

This is not a report, this is a question.

I was playing online with my friends using my dedi server, and it was 6 of us. In 3 separate instances, my friends died, and when choosing spawn near backpack, they were shot 2-4KM away form their backpack on the map.  They had to kill themselves and then choose to either spawn on bedroll, or backpack again which then worked the second time around.

We also noticed an issue where tools and weapons, are not being held properly in our hands. For example the machete is attached to my wrist. 

Has anyone experienced these issues or have any info?

Thanks

Edited by Rabbitslovecactus (see edit history)

I just realized something that may help figure the spawning near backpack issue out. After watching the video of our stream, it seems that this may happen if a person dies, doesn't pickup their first backpack, and then dies later on and when choosing spawn near backpack it sends them to their first dropped backpack not the latest one.  

Seems the game is having issues if multiple player backpacks are on the map.

Here is a video of it happening: 

Edited by Rabbitslovecactus (see edit history)

• Rabbitslovecactus changed the title to Spawn near backpack not working properly - Tools/Weapons not in hands when in use (with photo & video proof)
On 8/24/2023 at 7:49 PM, Vampirenostra said:

I'm playing solo, and experience this issue all the time... Some times it throws me away into places I didn't think even exist on the map :D pretty far away and I certainly never died close to them

Yeah I just had it happen a few days ago and it also threw me in some random spot. I guess it has nothing to do with multiple back packs after all...