Fill a pool with water

Iewie

Im trying to fill a pool with buckets of water. But it wont seem to fill behind the first (half?) block, no matter how much buckets i empty into the pool. Is water not working like that in 7dtd or am I doing something wrong?

Wasnt sure if thats fits inside the Water feedback discussion, so I startet a new one.

I've found that it works, but takes a lot of water buckets. So I'm assuming if your pool is very large, it may take many many many more buckets.

video: https://imgur.com/a/X4JWaiy

3x5 pool (not including border), took me 4 buckets to completely fill the first level, then 15 more for the second level. I'm guessing since it's 15 and my pool is 3x5, it's 1 bucket for each block it needs to fill when going past the first level

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

I got the same results as NekoPawtato!  But if you are only using 1 level of blocks, you will only get a water level of a half block.  2 blocks tall will give you 1 and 1/2 blocks of water.  It has (I believe) always been this way.  BUT water is much easier to work with now!

If you don't mind cheesing it a "bit", see if this still works:

Make a 3m pillar in your target pool, drop the water on top of it. Most of the water should fall into the pool, while a single splash remains on top. Scoop up the single on top, and you have a full bucket again, leaving three similar splashes in the target pool.