Can't Interact With Trader

sandpaper600

As the title says, I can't interact with any trader. I'm not using any mods that customize the trader other than Khaines Always Open Trader. I'm using this mod in another a21 game and it works without problem.

I have been to 2 traders (Joel, Jen) and neither one will work. They both speak to me when I enter, but when I click to interact, there is no UI. I get the pointer, but no text. I hit escape to exit the "interaction" and game returns to normal.

I have tried leaving the poi, heading across town and then I quit. When I restart the game and return to the trader, nothing's changed.

I have opened the console during the interaction and no errors or warnings show.

Any ideas?

OK.

• Did you start a new game and re-create the issue? -- YES
  • Have you validated your files through Steam? --YES
  • After validation, did you re-try with a brand new game? --YES. I even deleted the old saves and world. I created a new map and still the same.

My log file

Thank you for taking the time to look.

15 minutes ago, sandpaper600 said:

Don't know how that happened. Let's try again...

My Log File

OK, I checked it this time. With all my apparent ineptitude, I'm just waiting for someone to discover I've ticked something in the game I shouldn't have. 😉

You have a couple of mods that aren't a21 compatible. You should probably remove them.

Other than that, there aren't any errors.

No, I am not tracking through all of your mods. Here are the ones showing out-dated information or errors.

2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.080 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'lootablewineBarrels'
2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.081 WRN [MODS] lootablewineBarrels/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.

2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.087 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'OcbStopFuelWaste'
2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.087 WRN [MODS] OcbStopFuelWaste/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.

2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.101 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'wolfbain5 - workstations repaired A21exp'
2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.101 WRN [MODS] wolfbain5 - workstations repaired A21exp/ModInfo.xml does not define a valid non-empty Name (^[0-9a-zA-Z_\-]+$). Please consider updating it for future compatibility.
2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.101 WRN [MODS] wolfbain5 - workstations repaired A21exp/ModInfo.xml does not define a non-empty DisplayName. Please consider adding it for future compatibility.

2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.103 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'zAmmo Disassembly'
2023-07-14T19:20:13 46.104 WRN [MODS] zAmmo Disassembly/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.

And just because you think a mod is working fine, even though it isn't up to date, and only appears to have a small visual issue, does not mean that it isn't causing other problems.

True, but those mods you mentioned are working fine in another game. I had hoped someone else had experienced something similar and would be able to point towards something to check.

Apparently no one in the history of the game has ever had this problem before me.

Guess I'll check with some of the modders on their Discord.

Thanks for taking the time...