Traders - Changing Vending machine groups

BFT2020

So I got this idea bouncing around in my head since A20, but haven't looked hard into it yet (did some preliminary research but nothing jumped out so far).

I want to setup my game where the traders restock their vending machines on a different frequency than the ones out in the wild.  For that, I know that I just need to create two new vending machine trader_infos (say 11 and 12) with a different restocking value.  Then create two new blocks (copy the ones for drinks and food in the game already but with an unique block name for them) in the blocks.xml file and assign my new groups for them (#11 and #12).  At that point, I would need to go into the POI editor for the trader POIs and change the default blocks now to my new vending machine blocks?

I've only done XML editing so far, so this will be something new for me.

On 7/12/2023 at 5:46 PM, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

What you said sounds correct. WHile waiting for a more experienced person to chime in, I'd try it. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and you saved time by already creating the infos and blocks.

Yeah that was what I was thinking.  Also I learned a lot just trying things out first.