Pop-N-Pills Factory, Can't Find Last Zombie...?

OneManStanding

My friend and I just did the Pop-n-Pills Factory as a Clear and Retrieve Mission. We both found our supply bags easily enough, but we never managed to achieve the clear. The yellow dot indicator kept directing us to a sealed closet down below, right beside a big generator; there was a switch beside the door but it didn't work. Having checked the rest of the building thoroughly we took a pick to the door and there was nothing inside. We were pressed for time and had to abandon the mission.

Is there something we missed, or has anyone else had the same experience?

8 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

My friend and I just did the Pop-n-Pills Factory as a Clear and Retrieve Mission. We both found our supply bags easily enough, but we never managed to achieve the clear. The yellow dot indicator kept directing us to a sealed closet down below, right beside a big generator; there was a switch beside the door but it didn't work. Having checked the rest of the building thoroughly we took a pick to the door and there was nothing inside. We were pressed for time and had to abandon the mission.

Is there something we missed, or has anyone else had the same experience?

There's a bug right now where some switches aren't active when they are supposed to. And because some zombie spawns are tied to switches now, the workaround for now is to manually break the switch, which should act as if you activated it.

Note that you may not be able to break a switch to get the zombies to spawn in if you are on a save from before that fix was put into the game (I believe it was added in the last experimental version before stable).

They are aware of this issue and are trying to resolve the problem.  If you are willing, add your own comments to the bug with details of what happened so they might have more info to help find the cause of the bug.  I think Jugginator or someone asked for more details in a forum post but not sure where that is.  Adding details to the comments of the bug should be fine, though.  Anything that might help - did you complete the quest before?  Did you loot the POI before?  Was there any unusual amount of destruction of the POI, such as blowing holes through the walls with a shotgun or breaking doors that may have contributed to the issue?  Any other details would be useful for them, I think.

EDIT:  I found the post.  You can also just add your details to this thread.  The link points to where Jugginator asked specific details about when this bug happens.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

9 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

There's a bug right now where some switches aren't active when they are supposed to. And because some zombie spawns are tied to switches now, the workaround for now is to manually break the switch, which should act as if you activated it.

Oh, that's good to know. I'll try that next time I do a quest in that POI. Is breaking it with a pickaxe fine?

4 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Oh, that's good to know. I'll try that next time I do a quest in that POI. Is breaking it with a pickaxe fine?

yes. Ive had issues with a few pois switches not being interactable. Destroying them with a pickaxe caused the spawns to trigger.

10 hours ago, Old Crow said:

You can break it with anything.  It was added, I believe, in the last experimental version as a way to prevent failing a quest if you accidentally destroy a trigger (crazy shotgun wielders!!).  ;)

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)