Wolf
Mountain lion
Coyote
Boar

Undead
Bear
Dog
Vulture

You could increase the diversity by adding like, white and black bears, different colors of wolves and the like, and maybe throw in a few more animals, then we could have a full blown zoo POI

It would be an extremely high tier POI, massive and sprawling, basically a place to put multiple biomes into one little area, give a good place to get lots of meat, but also be high danger.  Maybe make it have a unique horde night mechanic where undead animals pour out of it separate from the normal horde?

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Vet POI multiple times - no dogs

That's weird. At least half of the time I go to that POI, there are dogs in the back by the kennels.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, I've yet to visit that POI in A21. Maybe they've changed something.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Old Crow said:

A zoo POI would be awesome, but knowing TFP, they'd put very few animals inside. I've done the Vet POI multiple times - no dogs. The new big hog farm? Only two boars, though one was Grace.

I haven't done the vet in A21 but there were dogs in there in A20.  And Bob's Boars should have 4 boars in the basement and 3 or 4 on the first floor.

Regarding the zoo idea, I love the idea but I don't really like POI that provide the player with a huge amount of resources.  A zoo would give the player enough meat in one run to last the entire game as well as a ton of animal fat, which is actually more valuable as it's harder to come by.  If they could make all the animals zombie variations so the meat wasn't an issue, then it would be great.  But most animals don't have zombie variations.  I think that's best as a custom prefab rather than vanilla.

4 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

That's weird. At least half of the time I go to that POI, there are dogs in the back by the kennels.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, I've yet to visit that POI in A21. Maybe they've changed something.

Ah this was back in A20 Never any dogs when I went to the little vet clinic.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

I haven't done the vet in A21 but there were dogs in there in A20.  And Bob's Boars should have 4 boars in the basement and 3 or 4 on the first floor.

Regarding the zoo idea, I love the idea but I don't really like POI that provide the player with a huge amount of resources.  A zoo would give the player enough meat in one run to last the entire game as well as a ton of animal fat, which is actually more valuable as it's harder to come by.  If they could make all the animals zombie variations so the meat wasn't an issue, then it would be great.  But most animals don't have zombie variations.  I think that's best as a custom prefab rather than vanilla.

I'm talking about the big place called Hogzilla. It's a hog raising POI, but there was only 2-3 boars, and one was a Grace. Huge letdown.

17 hours ago, Riamus said:

I love the idea but I don't really like POI that provide the player with a huge amount of resources.

I like the idea of a zoo, too. If I were designing a zoo, I would make multiple POI's sitting atop an RWG tile or two making the whole zoo a mini-district itself. This is how I designed my Navezgane Regional Airport as a collection of inter-connecting POI's. Each POI could represent a specific habitat or exhibit with the RWG tile(s) as the platform for the zoo path.

As far as too many animals and thus too many resources go, I would probably balance that with more gore piles and fewer live animals. Still, I think a zoo is a great idea. If The Fun Pimps don't do it, somebody should create a mod.