Pack Mule duplicate tiers

Riamus

Am I missing something, or is there some reason why Pack Mule tier 2 and 3 are the same and 4 and 5 are the same other than wording?  I am on a save from experimental so maybe that's affecting it.  If not, then it makes little sense to have extra tiers to unlock that do nothing.  I'd rather the perk cost 2 points if that's why there are extra tiers than to have duplicate tiers.  Not that I use Pack Mule but I still think it should be corrected if it isn't caused by my older save.

EDIT: Nevermind.  I misunderstood the description of the tiers.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

What do you mean by duplicate? Each tier means it unlocks 3 or 4 more slots than the last tier. Maxed Pack Mule removes all encumbrance slots from your backpack even with no pocket mods installed. Not sure what issue you are having...

Just now, bdubyah said:

What do you mean by duplicate? Each tier means it unlocks 3 or 4 more slots than the last tier. Maxed Pack Mule removes all encumbrance slots from your backpack even with no pocket mods installed. Not sure what issue you are having...

Is that what it means?  Additional slots over the previous tier?  That would make sense, then.  The wording just sounds like it's total unlocks.  Ignore this post then.  :)

7 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

I never take Pack Mule. Was there no change when you perked into 2/3 or 4/5?

As I said, I don't use Pack Mule.  I didn't perk into it, which is why I didn't realize that I was misunderstanding the description.

Just now, Riamus said:

Is that what it means?  Additional slots over the previous tier?  That would make sense, then.  The wording just sounds like it's total unlocks.  Ignore this post then.  :)

As I said, I don't use Pack Mule.  I didn't perk into it, which is why I didn't realize that I was misunderstanding the description.

Ah, gotcha. I wasn't sure if maybe it was one of the perks that got reworked and maybe I missed it in the notes. Mystery solved!

33 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

I never take Pack Mule. Was there no change when you perked into 2/3 or 4/5?

Yeah I'm confused on why Pack Mule even exists besides to be a noob trap honestly. You get max slots from mods so easily that pack mule is pointless within like the first week, and there aren't enough good mods for armor to really care about the pocket mod slot. Especially since clothes take pocket mods too

50 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Yeah I'm confused on why Pack Mule even exists besides to be a noob trap honestly. You get max slots from mods so easily that pack mule is pointless within like the first week, and there aren't enough good mods for armor to really care about the pocket mod slot. Especially since clothes take pocket mods too

Agreed.  It might change with the armor changes that are coming but we'll see.

Only reason to take it I can think of is if a player didn't want to put points into Well Insulated and wanted to live in the snow or desert biomes. But yeah even then, you can just mitigate the temperatures with the right clothes.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

Agreed.  It might change with the armor changes that are coming but we'll see.

No doubt it well. I'm willing to bet that Desert Survivor outfit they showed off during the dev streams will probably come with heat mitigation. Likely there'll be a cold weather outfit too if that's the case.