Drone disappeared from map after restart

deftt

Hello everyone, please help me, I went into the game today and my drone is not near me and on the map too. there were resources in it, can I somehow teleport to it or what should I do? I can’t install a new drone, it says that there is already another one

Press F1

Type JD Clear

Spawn in a new drone and you can now place it

This happened to me the other day, and my drone and minibike both were gone for days. Then suddenly they appeared back on the map on their own. In my case, it was in coop and my drone and minibike were both gone until everyone logged back into the server that was on it when the game crashed

3 hours ago, deftt said:

Hello everyone, please help me, I went into the game today and my drone is not near me and on the map too. there were resources in it, can I somehow teleport to it or what should I do? I can’t install a new drone, it says that there is already another one

2 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Press F1

Type JD Clear

Spawn in a new drone and you can now place it

This happened to me the other day, and my drone and minibike both were gone for days. Then suddenly they appeared back on the map on their own. In my case, it was in coop and my drone and minibike were both gone until everyone logged back into the server that was on it when the game crashed

Don't clear it if you have stuff in it.  Only use jd clear if you are unable to find it.

Shortly after loading the game, look at your console (press F1).  You may have to scroll a bit but you should find a line that looks like this:

2023-06-28T21:14:56 102.709 INF 16450 Drone PostInit [type=EntityDrone, name=entityJunkDrone, id=13163], (NaN, NaN, NaN) (chunk -134217728, -134217728), rbPos (NaN, NaN, NaN)

Ignore that this example is a drone that was completely lost off the map and so has no position.

This should appear within a minute or two of fully loading the game if you are playing single player or hosting a game.  Get the coordinates listed (in this example, since it is a completely lost drone, the coordinates are null ... NaN, but you'd normally see something like (-1350, 31, 145).  Once you have the coordinates, type DM in the console and hit Enter.  You can then type teleport followed by the coordinates or press ESC and type the coordinates into the teleport boxes.  When you arrive, your drone should be there and have all the stuff still in it.  You can then go back to the console and type DM again and hit Enter to go back to normal mode (non-debug mode).

Note that if you are joining someone else's game, they will need to get the coordinates from their own log.  Also note that if there are multiple drones, you might need to determine which one is yours based on the locations of the other players and the other drones.

Only if you cannot teleport to the drone because it has no coordinates should you clear it as that's a last resort and will cause you to lose all your stuff in the drone.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, Riamus said:

Don't clear it if you have stuff in it.  Only use jd clear if you are unable to find it.

Shortly after loading the game, look at your console (press F1).  You may have to scroll a bit but you should find a line that looks like this:

2023-06-28T21:14:56 102.709 INF 16450 Drone PostInit [type=EntityDrone, name=entityJunkDrone, id=13163], (NaN, NaN, NaN) (chunk -134217728, -134217728), rbPos (NaN, NaN, NaN)

Ignore that this example is a drone that was completely lost off the map and so has no position.

This should appear within a minute or two of fully loading the game if you are playing single player or hosting a game.  Get the coordinates listed (in this example, since it is a completely lost drone, the coordinates are null ... NaN, but you'd normally see something like (-1350, 31, 145).  Once you have the coordinates, type DM in the console and hit Enter.  You can then type teleport followed by the coordinates or press ESC and type the coordinates into the teleport boxes.  When you arrive, your drone should be there and have all the stuff still in it.  You can then go back to the console and type DM again and hit Enter to go back to normal mode (non-debug mode).

Note that if you are joining someone else's game, they will need to get the coordinates from their own log.  Also note that if there are multiple drones, you might need to determine which one is yours based on the locations of the other players and the other drones.

Only if you cannot teleport to the drone because it has no coordinates should you clear it as that's a last resort and will cause you to lose all your stuff in the drone.

spacer.png

But what if my drone is in the world, but is invisible and cannot be touched? And in it my things

21 minutes ago, kirya_lamer said:

spacer.png

But what if my drone is in the world, but is invisible and cannot be touched? And in it my things

If the coordinates are NaN in your log, you cannot recover it.  Your only option is to remove ownership as explained and then use the creative menu if you want to give the drone, mods, inventory back to yourself.  If there are coordinates, then you can go to those coordinates and find the drone.  It could be in the air or underground at those coordinates and using god mode will let you move up or down to find it.  I have never heard of it having coordinates but not being there but I suppose it could happen.  If it does, it is just like with NaN.

39 minutes ago, Riamus said:

If the coordinates are NaN in your log, you cannot recover it.  Your only option is to remove ownership as explained and then use the creative menu if you want to give the drone, mods, inventory back to yourself.  If there are coordinates, then you can go to those coordinates and find the drone.  It could be in the air or underground at those coordinates and using god mode will let you move up or down to find it.  I have never heard of it having coordinates but not being there but I suppose it could happen.  If it does, it is just like with NaN.

That's the problem, that there are coordinates. But the drone itself is invisible and cannot be touche

1 hour ago, kirya_lamer said:

That's the problem, that there are coordinates. But the drone itself is invisible and cannot be touche

It is unlikely that it's invisible.  It is most likely in the ground or high in the sky.  As I said, go up or down using god mode.  If you look at the elevation coordinate for the drone in your log, you'll know which way to go.  Note that a drone in the ground can be extremely difficult to see even when you're right next to it.

7 hours ago, Riamus said:

It is unlikely that it's invisible.  It is most likely in the ground or high in the sky.  As I said, go up or down using god mode.  If you look at the elevation coordinate for the drone in your log, you'll know which way to go.  Note that a drone in the ground can be extremely difficult to see even when you're right next to it.

I even sent a screenshot and checked the height in the console. She's at the level of the machine

• 6 months later...

Got the same issue with my drone.

However "jd clear" does not work but throws error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object". Any other way to get rid of the drone beside dropping the whole character?

8 hours ago, Riamus said:

Delete the two drone files in your save.  You may then have to use jd clear again, but you shouldn't have any problems afterwards.

Will this delete drones of all players as this is on a server?

4 hours ago, AllUses said:

Will this delete drones of all players as this is on a server?

Yes, they would need to have their drones in their inventory so they won't be deleted.  Any drones deployed would be deleted (based on my limited knowledge on this subject)