(A21) Server Side Vehicles

arramus

• 1 month later...

today i see this in my log,  have the newest version 

Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Cars/vehicleMagicBus_764/Physics/tempPrefab_bus_shortPrefab/mesh", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "Collision"

what does it cause ?

It is caused by the bus. The bus is using some collision features which are from about 2015. This was posted in bugs about 4 years ago. It is not a priority for the game devs since it is used as a static game model, and not supposed to be joy riding around the world. This has been in the log for many years.

22 minutes ago, arramus said:

It is caused by the bus. The bus is using some collision features which are from about 2015. This was posted in bugs about 4 years ago. It is not a priority for the game devs since it is used as a static game model, and not supposed to be joy riding around the world. This has been in the log for many years.

means, it wont stress the other gameplay !?

I tested Server Side Vehicles on a dedicated server with about 20 server side only mods, with 8 players, and we didn't feel any stress for game play. From about 12 players, some people started to notice a little stress, but it could have been from other things, their higher ping time and distance from the server, connection stability, and general things. The server has never crashed because of the server side vehicles. That message is a yellow warning, and nothing critical.

• 4 months later...