Why did you change it?

Subasu

So the capstone to the mining books was changed from:  20% chance to one shot ore  to:  20% more resources from mining

It was just perfect before!  Mining was fun and relaxing and  several hits of dopamine when you one shot an ore.

Now this is long, boring and a frustrating grind with all the fun that screamers provide.

Q6 Steel pick, iron/stone mods, ergo grip, and the don't wear out one, and stone goes in 1 hit.  Ores in 2.

I would like to see something that let's us get the ores in 1 hit though.

(aside from the twitch #boost_melee   . which I've modded to 300 seconds instead of 30)

I'll have to see if a better Q6 pick would get to the 1 shot of ore.

oh, in 20  it took 11 hits to break a wall/desk safe. Now it is 9 hits. So the axes are doing more.

Derp!  I've only got 4/5 in mining. gotta see if that last point would do the trick.

I'm gonna need at couple boatloads of iron before long to feed the dart traps.

(60 traps, do the math)   :)

2 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Q6 Steel pick, iron/stone mods, ergo grip, and the don't wear out one, and stone goes in 1 hit.  Ores in 2.

With maxed miner 69'er, Q6 steel pick with unmodded dmg of 147~+, bunker buster, mining book for extra dmg is able to 1 shot stone-based ores, shale, coal and nitrate

2 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

I would like to see something that let's us get the ores in 1 hit though.

(aside from the twitch #boost_melee   . which I've modded to 300 seconds instead of 30)

I'll have to see if a better Q6 pick would get to the 1 shot of ore.

oh, in 20  it took 11 hits to break a wall/desk safe. Now it is 9 hits. So the axes are doing more.

Derp!  I've only got 4/5 in mining. gotta see if that last point would do the trick.

I'm gonna need at couple boatloads of iron before long to feed the dart traps.

(60 traps, do the math)   :)

4 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

With maxed miner 69'er, Q6 steel pick with unmodded dmg of 147~+, bunker buster, mining book for extra dmg is able to 1 shot stone-based ores, shale, coal and nitrate

Due to the screamer reference I suspect they aren't using a pickax but an auger instead. Removal of the 20% chance to break on one hit would mean more spikes to the heat map from impact with metal ores resulting in more screamers compared to swinging a pick of the appropriate type and tier for your estimations.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)