Tear down and rebuild

ungkor

One of the biggest draws of this game, at least for me, is the building aspect.   I get kinda bored by looting after a while, but building for me is very fun.

One thing I like about games like Satisfactory, is you can tear down constructions and you get all the materials back, so you can try out new designs.  

I think it would be a nice addition if 7days added the ability to 'deconstruct' blocks and return the resources (or a partial amount) back into your inventory.   I find the building fun, but the resource gathering a bit tedious.  Once I've accumulated X amount of building resources, it would be nice to be able to re-use them again, minus some sort of building reclamation penalty. 

For instance, instead of having to destroy/mine a concrete block, if it is in your land claim block area, you could hold down "deconstruct" and get some percentage of the materials back.  Speed up base design basically. 

Nothing against the idea as such, it's used in plenty of building games so it clearly works etc. But I don't think this game is going to be able to track what is yours and what is not to the required accuracy. The current viable options are "everything within a land claim" or "nothing", as standard blocks don't track ownership.

And if you make it just bound to land claim, I'd be taking Higashi Tower home with me, on day 1... :)

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

Nothing against the idea as such, it's used in plenty of building games so it clearly works etc. But I don't think this game is going to be able to track what is yours and what is not to the required accuracy. The current viable options are "everything within a land claim" or "nothing", as standard blocks don't track ownership.

And if you make it just bound to land claim, I'd be taking Higashi Tower home with me, on day 1... :)

I was about to say I'd like to see this as well until I saw this.  You make a very good point.  It really would simplify so many things if player-placed blocks were marked differently than POI blocks.  Oh well.  Great idea that I'd love but definitely not a good idea to make it possible to just tear down POI by placing land claims.

Way back when you could destroy blocks and it would go into your backpack as that block.  Man we used to salvage buildings to rebuild another building with the same blocks.. before painting and such.  Still wish you could salvage some decoration type things - I know it was mentioned a few times back when madmole communicated with everyone.    Not sure where it stands now.