Traders and Loot need a serious nerf.

1 minute ago, theFlu said:

That's with a full mother lode, no? My gut feeling is more like 30-40 per block, for non-STR builds 20 blocks is, well. Trivial, but most people don't seem to like mining even that much :)

Yeah.  It's actually 114 per block (iirc) with maxed Mother Lode, Art of Mining and Coffee.

Like I've said previously, I do a lot of mining, so 20 blocks is basically nothing to me.  I once built a base that was as big as the max size land claim block (71 X 71) so the initial concrete slab took over 100,000 concrete. :)

18 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

I suppose it's because of the way I build, but I'd need to take that reward a couple dozen times to have enough wood to even build a mid-game type of base.  It just seems a horribly inefficient way to get those resources to me.

Yes, you'd normally need more but when you can complete multiple quests in a day, you can easily get that.  And these rewards are even at the lowest tiers of rewards, which can be completed very quickly.  If you happen to have fetch quests, it's even easier to quickly get these rewards.  For anyone who likes to gather resources, that is certainly the most efficient way to do so.  But for anyone who prefers questing, this virtually eliminates any need to harvest wood or coal.  I suppose if that's the intent - making it so you don't have to do part of the game if you don't want to - then I suppose it's fine.  But otherwise it just feels too high.  If this was tier 4-5 loot, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.  But at tier 1-2, it's too much.  My comments on it are specific to early game, low tier quest rewards.  Mid game or late game, when you're doing high tier quests, the amount isn't such a big deal.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 6/23/2023 at 12:38 AM, Zerginfestor said:

Extreme disagree. The trader as it is in early game is borderline useless, at least from experience of up to in-game 2 weeks of gameplay. Progression is so slow in terms of magazines, crafting, and upgrading, that even with 5 levels into miner, I just barely accessed a tier 1 Iron Pickaxe. 

This, I am doing Tier 5 infested quests in the wasteland and getting level 2 iron cross bow rewards with game stage 233.

Traders need a buff

1 hour ago, Labrat309 said:

This, I am doing Tier 5 infested quests in the wasteland and getting level 2 iron cross bow rewards with game stage 233.

Traders need a buff

That specific reward issue is a bug that came in with B317, they are aware and it should hopefully be fixed whenever we get the next build