fall through the ground

Rollo

hello, after more than a year of abstinence from 7d2d and looking forward to the new version, i tried to play the game again after the update. it's still the same error as a year ago. to explain the problem again: after a few minutes i can no longer loot any containers. I also fall through the ground if I move a few meters away from my position. I also don't hear the sounds of the doors opening and closing anymore. It seems like I'm losing the connection to the server but the client stays in the game. I can no longer chat with my fellow players. could you please help me to solve the problem? I already installed the game on another computer. the same errors happen there. I have already switched to windows 11. the router was also replaced. nothing

Based on the errors, there is an issue with your data on the server you are connecting to. I haven't seen this origin warning in a while, but it is almost certainly related to the problem you are having.

2023-06-18T17:43:11 536.004 INF 34842+1 Origin Reposition (1376.0, 80.0, -912.0) to (1472.0, -160.0, -880.0)
2023-06-18T17:43:11 536.008 WRN 34842+1 Origin player ray fail (4.3, -0.3, 4.6)

I would recommend cleaning all of your data as is mentioned in the Blue banner, ensuring that your client and save folders are excluded from security software (covered in the Pinned FAQ), and then validating your local files a few times.  Then try a single player game instead of a server and see if the issue persists.

May be useful to know what's running on your machines, enter tasklist > "directory\filename.txt" (in a command prompt, under admin), so for example, tasklist > "c:\processes.txt" would save them in the root directory of the c drive. There's another command, wmic process list, but that gives a lot of data not really useful for this.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

The bug doesn't appear in single player mode. Also, it can't have anything to do with my pc, since I've already run 7d2d on my wife's pc. there arise the same errors. i use more than 20 other games that don't have any of the mentioned bugs. I've also tried at least 20 different servers, errors happen everywhere. I'm desperate. I played 7d2d 2900 hours and never had such an error. after some update at the beginning of last year the error arose. if my english is not perfect, it is probably due to the google translation program. sorry.

12 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

^^  That plus drivers and other software. It's why I recommend a published Speccy report in the instructions. That will give me information on installed software, running processes, and details on hardware and drivers that we won't get from logs.

https://jpst.it/3gVr_ Speccy report

https://jpst.it/3gVta

https://jpst.it/3gVu0

7 hours ago, Rollo said:

No, this is what a published Speccy report looks like.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/JZQYPtxuUOfEYw5XwtGGYBQ

Your client log just shows you opening the save and leaving. Not seeing any errors aside for a large number of timeouts when attempting to get data from the server host.

11 minutes ago, Rollo said:

then at some point nobody can play 7d2d anymore? ipv4 should be replaced by ipv6. can't you reprogram the game so that it runs with ipv6 without any problems?

It's an unfortunate case, less than 1% of games support it outside of xbox/Playstation. As far as I understand it, it's not an easy task and not many people are restricted to ivp6 only. I'll ask the network dev about it, but ivp6 is many years away from being adopted widely. 

10 minutes ago, Rollo said:

I guess I was happy too soon. but I already have a small success. the servers with the ready-made maps work, but the servers with the randomly generated maps do not work.

Try lowering or raising the max file transfer rate in the server, and maybe have clients turn the network workaround in General Settings on

No, unfortunately not. The problem I have is only with the maps that are generated. the pre-made maps work.

the problem is probably because of ds-lite. I then contacted my provider, but he strictly refuses to switch to ipv4.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:06 PM, rayen said:

HI, i have the same Problems. Have u fixed it?

Greetings

Fu..., 

i ask my provider, he sag i have to use a vpn software, without the cant switch to ipv4 :(

I only get a vpn tunnel from my provider if I need it for work. and my problem is not solved yet.

On 6/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, Jugginator said:

It's an unfortunate case, less than 1% of games support it outside of xbox/Playstation. As far as I understand it, it's not an easy task and not many people are restricted to ivp6 only. I'll ask the network dev about it, but ivp6 is many years away from being adopted widely. 

As already mentioned, I have many games that don't cause any problems. Basically I have this problem unfortunately only with 7d2d. Did the request to the network developer result in anything? meanwhile I come to a server whose map is called "PREGEN10K". but I can't get to the sever that I would like to use. what would the operator of this server have to do exactly so that i can play there?

There may be two possible workarounds to your situation right now:

1) Ask the server operator of the server you want to use to play a pregen map. Probably not possible if the operator isn't a good friend and the world hasn't started only recently.

2) Ask the server operator or another player of that world to send you the RWG world data. That needs a file hoster or sharing service, a 10k world for example is about 440Mbytes. Then drop this world on your PC in place where it would normally be downloaded from the server. One of the pinned threads in "General Support" has the location listed, or ask around. If the location is correct your client will not try to download the world.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)