Multiple land claim blocks

tman1up

I still have my play original play through that I started on A21 313, and I had heard that we could have more than one active land claim block for A21. I have my crafting base, and I have a separate hoard base. Once I found out that we could have more than one active LCB, I put a second one at my hoard base. Both were showing as active, but once I closed out my session, and come back in later, I noticed that my oldest placed LCB is no longer active. I replaced it, and again had 2 active LCB's. When 317 came out, I didn't delete this play through, and kept it going. Each time a log in for a new session, again my oldest placed LCB is inactive. I wasn't sure if this was intended, or a bug, so I started a fresh new play through in 317. I put down my first LCB, and then went far enough away that the boundary wouldn't touch, and placed a second LCB down. My first LCB was immediately inactive, I tried a couple of more times, and same thing happened, so now I'm not able to have 2 LCB's in the same session. I noticed in the tips section, it stated we could have 3 active LCB's, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is some setting that I need to select when starting up a new play through, or if this is a bug? Anyone have any similar experiences, or know if this is a bug or not?

Someone else mentioned this as well.  I've had no issue in my game but my land claim blocks are about 1.5km apart and maybe that has something to do with it.  I have to and both are active even after starting the game back up multiple times.  It might be because you didn't restart your game after 317 but I also did not and it was still working for me.  Maybe try starting a new game just to test.  Land claims are cheap to make so you could do that immediately after starting a game and see if they work in the new game.

9 hours ago, tman1up said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is some setting that I need to select when starting up a new play through, or if this is a bug?

I just tested this and confirmed it's not working right. My land claims broke when I logged of and back on.

It's been reported and confirmed in the bug report thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't even get it to have 2 active land claim blocks at all. Whenever I place a second one it make the last one inactive. No logging out, it just plain doesn't seem to work. I checked the config file and it shows that it should be 3, but it doesnt seem to work in game.

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

I can't even get it to have 2 active land claim blocks at all. Whenever I place a second one it make the last one inactive. No logging out, it just plain doesn't seem to work. I checked the config file and it shows that it should be 3, but it doesnt seem to work in game.

In another thread, it was suggested to click on the Defaults button for the game settings before loading the game.  You will then have to readjust your game settings.  This supposedly fixes the problem.  I don't have the problem, so I can't verify if it works.  It sounds like that change to land claims isn't being populated properly into your game and that defaults will populate it even though it's not part of the settings dialog itself.