Advanced airdrop idea.

Survager

image.thumb.jpeg.ad4038408428fd1fd3a20a3da532e76d.jpeg

Now planes that drop supplies appear at a certain frequency, which can be configured in the world settings.

This mechanic can be made much more interesting in the game.

One option,

and the simplest, is to add a random value in the settings, like you did with the Blood Moon Horde, so that you can set the random frequency of the supply plane spawning.

The second option

is much more interesting.

I don't know what plans the developers have for these radio stations, but I want to suggest such an option for their use.

The location can meet working and broken radio stations (working versions will have flashing lights and they will hiss and snippets of some conversations)

Broken radio stations can simply be dismantled for resources, as it is now.

It will be possible to interact with working radio stations (by pressing the E button).

When the radio is activated, a military voice will sound from it, which will inform you that my request to send supplies has been accepted.
After that, the radio will sparkle, smoke will come out of it (as is the case with quest generators), and then the radio will turn off and become inoperative.

Activating the radio will start a script that will call for a supply plane, but only the next day (it takes some time to send a supply plane).
The next day, a regular plane will fly in and drop supplies.

When the bandits appear in the game, at the supply landing place, when approaching the box at a distance of 100 blocks, bandits should spawn next to it (who also saw the plane and decided to take the supplies for themselves). To pick up supplies, you have to fight the bandits.

As long as there are no bandits in the game, zombies can play their role.

Supplies should not come easily to the player.

And in this case, the contents of the supply box can already be made better than it is now.

If you like this idea, write about it in the answers so that the developers see this idea.

Thank you )

It could be an interesting idea.  I think the plan for the radios is a fast travel option between traders, though.  It hasn't been officially stated but comments from the devs in streams and on this forum seem to confirm it, at least in my mind.

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

It could be an interesting idea.  I think the plan for the radios is a fast travel option between traders, though.  It hasn't been officially stated but comments from the devs in streams and on this forum seem to confirm it, at least in my mind.

As a teleport, such radio stations could only work at the base of traders, but at locations to call an airplane with supplies. There is no contradiction.

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Survager said:

As a teleport, such radio stations could only work at the base of traders, but at locations to call an airplane with supplies. There is no contradiction.

Ok, I haven't seen them anywhere else yet.  In that case, yeah, that would work fine. :)

EDIT: Murphy's Law.... I just found one in a POI.  Lol.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

I think that'd be cool too, though I smell easy exploit (double-dip) when these are inside questable pois.

...well it might be possible to disable them when a quest is active?

If the chance of a working radio station is not very high, then the player simply will not have an interest in reloading the location many times to get a working radio station, it seems to me...

Second option is great. I think it would be cool if all radio stations have to be enpowered by the player before operating. By enpowering them you can ask for supplies and they will randomly ship them some days after your order in nearby location. Player should then test from time to time if he can contact once more and use count of the radio should be limited. When depleated it only does white noise when use and player have to find another radio.

One step further: When contacting successful the player starts a small horde event where he has to defend the radio. Standard random horde, not the insane squad when breaking a police car in A21 >_<

In general: TFP should definitely add a bunch of those random events to the world which the player could start, would bring more life to the big sandbox. Just drop off the idea with "story"