Game broken

Backup_Jack

My game is getting stuck on creating player part of loading into my world, new or old, i tried reinstalling, i tried verifying integrity of game files, and nothing works, the only way i was able to get to play, was going to an old version of the game, I believe it was alpha 18, even after that I couldn’t go back to the new versions, i have no mods, please help, i have had this issue for months and i really want to be able to play the new versions of the game again.

Whenever you change major alphas you should clean your settings. If you are on steam you need to start the game launcher (steam asks you whether you want to start it or not). Then change to the "tools" tab in the launcher and select the last option there, "Clean ...".

You might not need to clean everything to get your games to start, but your configuration at a minimum. For example you can often keep older worlds and savegames, but sometimes you need to remove them as well. Backup any savegames and worlds you like to keep IF you delete them as well.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Backup_Jack said:

My game is getting stuck on creating player part of loading into my world, new or old, i tried reinstalling, i tried verifying integrity of game files, and nothing works, the only way i was able to get to play, was going to an old version of the game, I believe it was alpha 18, even after that I couldn’t go back to the new versions, i have no mods, please help, i have had this issue for months and i really want to be able to play the new versions of the game again.

You should also include your log as described in the General Support forum's sticky post so that people can see what the actual problem is.  Your description doesn't really tell anyone what the problem is because it could be many different things.

Since you have tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work, I would do what @meganoth suggested and clean everything. Install the latest version A20.7. Bring up the game launcher, select Tools tab and check all of the boxes then hit Clean. After that, verify the integrity of the game files by right clicking 7 Days to Die in Steam, select properties/local files then click verify integrity of game files. Do this no less than 2 times. Now run the game and create a new seed and you should be good to go.

16 hours ago, Star69 said:

Since you have tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work, I would do what @meganoth suggested and clean everything. Install the latest version A20.7. Bring up the game launcher, select Tools tab and check all of the boxes then hit Clean. After that, verify the integrity of the game files by right clicking 7 Days to Die in Steam, select properties/local files then click verify integrity of game files. Do this no less than 2 times. Now run the game and create a new seed and you should be good to go.

This works, thank you