Forget jars, let's talk rocks

I know the big discussion is all about A21 and jars or the lack thereof but there is something in this game that really bothers more. Where do all the rocks in the garbage come from? Who is out there collecting rocks and putting them in the trash? Were they crazy or just infected? Is this a thing in regions of the world that I don't know of? I work for a construction company so just to make sure I knew what I was talking about I went through all the garbage in our office, our yard, and our shop. I found a lot of mechanical parts and electric parts, paper, some bottles of acid, some junk iron, a lot of polymers in the form of bottles and the usual straight up waste garbage but not a single rock in any of them. I know we have rocks, there's five stockpiles of them in the yard graded to various sizes but I have no idea how they'd make it into the trash and it doesn't seem to be happening. Why are rocks in the garbage a thing in this game? I'm not even gonna get started on wood being in garbage, I know households that throw that stuff away but we have a scrap pile for that stuff and we set fire to it on the weekends and drink beer. This has just always bothered me. The rocks, not the beer I mean.

I know people where I live sometimes put large rocks in their garbage bins to keep them from blowing over.

Now here the garbage man does it the old way and gets out of truck and takes the bags out of the bins.

I am sure this would not work so well for you big city slickers where your fancy doo hickey truck grabs your bin and dumps it in the truck :)

1 hour ago, warmer said:

You find rocks in the trash? I dont think I find them in garbage ever.

You have interesting loot tables

I don't really look at loot tables. I can never afford anything on them or they're piled with junk. And people who pile all of their loot onto tables have issues.

2 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

I don't really look at loot tables. I can never afford anything on them or they're piled with junk. And people who pile all of their loot onto tables have issues.

They just can't afford the nails to build a proper storage chest. ;)

Considering how easy it is to get rocks without looting, I would be fine with them being completely removed from the loot tables.  Wood is at least a little more realistic but I'd still be fine with it not in the loot tables as it is also very easy to get without looting.  Still, if we start looking at what is in the various loot containers and try to make it all entirely realistic, we are going to have some very empty loot tables.  There is a point where reality and gameplay cross and gameplay needs to win.